Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Wrong Number, Right Guy

Book Review Wrong Number Right Guy (The Bourbon Street Boys Series)



Title: Wrong Number Right Guy

Series: The Bourbon Street Boys Series

Author: Elle Casey

Date Published:  November 3rd 2015

Date Read: September 15, 2015

The Blurb:
When a mysterious text message summons May Wexler to a biker bar in downtown New Orleans, she knows something is very wrong. Her sister has sent out an SOS, but when May gets there, she’s nowhere to be found and May is the one in trouble—she’s wearing pink espadrilles, she’s got a Chihuahua in her purse, and she’s in the middle of a shootout.

After tall, muscular Ozzie comes to her rescue, May has no choice but to follow him to safety. At the headquarters of his private security firm, the Bourbon Street Boys, she finds a refuge for the night—and the offer of a job. But it’s not long before a gun-toting stalker isn’t the only complication in May’s life: the more time she spends with Ozzie, the less she can deny that they’ve got some serious chemistry. A wrong number got her into this mess…Will it also get her the right guy?


My Review





                     3 Mister Crazy Mountain Man Grizzly Bear Person Stars


"Yeah. Right. Here, Mister Crazy Mountain Man Grizzly Bear Person, why don't you come on over to my house and murder me in my living room? That sounds like fun."


Wrong Number, Right Guy, the first book for The Bourbon Street Boys Series, was just okay for me. I love Elle Casey and I love her Shine Not Burn Series. So when I seen this book on Netgalley I was so excited to get it, but sadly I couldn't stand the heroine of the book, May. May drove me crazy and it took away from my enjoyment of the book a lot!


"Operation Ugly Beard?" I ask. Dev laughs and then stops immediately when Ozzie glares at him. "Harley," Ozzie says. "It's Harley, not ugly beard." I mumble under my breath as I pick up my sweaty towel. "Could've fooled me."

May was so immature she acted more like a teenage girl and not 29 year old woman. At times I felt like I was reading a book about a man awkwardly trying to date a high schooler She did some of the ditziest shit. She truly acted silly and teen like when it came to Ozzie, her job, Sex ect.... OMG she blushed at everything. Everything! I just couldn't stand her. Ozzie on the other hand I really liked. I liked his hard, sexy, gruff self. Hell he earned extra awesome points just for putting up with May because I would have washed my hands of her silly ass. I would have liked to see a little more of the hero, a little more of his personality. As far as other characters go in this book I really liked May's sister and I liked Dev. There was some funny parts in this book which helped and the plot was okay. I wish there would have been more romance. Over all an okay book. I will most likely read the next book in this series to see if it gets better. 

"One more. Come on-you can do it. Push it!" "I already did one more!" I huff and puff as the weights dangle from my limp arms. Everything burns. Everything. Even my butt muscles are on fire. "You aren't tapped out. Come on-I see one more in your eyes. Lift." "What you see in my eyes is a death threat."







No comments:

Post a Comment