Friday, October 30, 2015

Imperfect Love

Book Review of Imperfect Love (4ever Series)



Title:Imperfect Love

Series: 4ever Series

Author:Isabella White

Date Published:   July 27th 2015 

Date Read: October 27, 2015

The Blurb:
At 24 years old, Holly Scallanger has the perfect life. Everything a girl could want; a beautiful man, a stunning home, as well as being in the midst of preparing for the wedding of her dreams. This all vanishes the night she catches her fiancé, Brandon Morgan, in bed with her worst nightmare, Donna Sinclair, just a week before Holly is set to walk down the aisle. 

Attempting to recover from his betrayal, Holly swears off the affections of men in order to pick up the pieces of her crumbling life. Unfortunately, meeting Jake 'Hooligan' Peters is not part of her plan. The tall, dark-haired and handsome as hell med student, sweeps Holly away from the pain of her past and reveals to her the bright future that lays ahead. That is, until she falls pregnant just as Jake begins his internship at P&E; his family's hospital. 

Will this love at first sight lead her to the fairytale she has always craved? Or, will she fall victim to a betrayal of the heart yet again? 


My Review




                      4 Bee Puke Stars




Why? Why would you do this to me Isabella White? I freaking hate cliffhangers!!!!!!!!! It's like hell waiting for the next book to come out just to find out what is going to happen next, and I don't do good with waiting. OCD not big on patients, just sayin. OMG this book had me all over the place. It starts kinda slow, you get a nice relationship build up between Jake and Holly. Then shit started hitting the fan. This won't be one of my longer reviews, because if I say to much I will give away a huge part of the plot. I will say this I loved Jake. I thought he was great, sweet, funny, very romantic, and a all around good guy. I like Holly too, but she was a little immature at times, and pretty naive. Holly was also sweet and funny. They have a very sweet and loving relationship, the author did a great job of drawing me in and getting me invested in their love story. Loved all of Jake's family except for his mom. Jake's mom I FUCKING HATED!!!!!! God I hate that evil, crazy woman. 



The thing I had the hardest time with was the fact that Holly believed the crap that Jake's mom told her, because even though the book doesn't say it, I know she is lying. No way did Jake do a full 360 like that. And Holly just runs doesn't tell anyone where she is going, or why. Doesn't ask if it's true, doesn't tell her best friend, doesn't even give herself a day to sleep on it? Nothing! She even gets rid of her cell phone for God sake. It just didn't make since to me. I mean I get it, it has to be that way to make the story but in real life it makes no sense.



This book was harder to rate for me the story was intriguing and good, but there is no HEA. The last 30% or so of the book is just sad. Like make me cry and scream sad. To know that lies and miscommunication causes so much damn pain, and loss and not to have it resolved by the end of the book, suck big time. But in the end I had to give it a 4 star because it keep me on edge and interested to the point where I am freaking out dying to know when the next book comes out so I can buy it and find out what happens next. A very good, but emotional read.






No comments:

Post a Comment