Thursday, February 4, 2016

Lost in Her

Book Review of Lost In Her (K2 Team Series)



Title: Lost In Her

Series: K2 Team Series

Author: Sandra Owens

Date Published:February 9th 2016

Date Read:  February 3, 2016

The Blurb:
It’s been a year since Ryan O’Connor buried his wife. He was in Afghanistan as a SEAL medic when the call came that she’d been killed during a robbery. In that time, he returned home, nursed his grief, and joined his former brothers-in-arms in the K2 Special Services.

After a bad breakup with her ex, Charlene “Charlie” Morgan finds happiness only when flying the friendly skies—as an aerobatic stunt pilot. But the skies aren’t so friendly when her plane troubles turn out to be the work of sabotage.

Looking to forget their worries, Charlie and Ryan run into each other at a bar. The chemistry is instant and intense. It’s only supposed to be a one-night stand. But the memory of their passionate kiss lingers, and when Ryan shows up at Charlie’s flight school, their romance takes off. Yet the route to love has its own turbulence—secrets, lies, and danger. Can one night lead to something lasting?


My Review



             3 Letting go of the past Stars


                               Spoilers

Okay so when I get an ARC book I normally try to review it with little to no spoilers at all. I will not be able to review this book without spoilers and tell you what I thought of it. Lost in Her was a hard book for me to rate. At times I wanted to give it a 4 stars and at times 2 stars. So I went in the middle with a 3, because some things I really liked about this book, but there was one thing that just got under my skin and ate away at my enjoyment of this book. 



My favorite thing about this book was the characters. I loved the K2 guys, their women and I really liked Ryan and Charlie. I liked the team and their women so much that I really want to go back and read the other books. Charlie was a strong, independent woman that has had a hard life and only herself to count on. I loved that she was a daredevil pilot and hot tempered. Ryan was sexy, sweet, and an ex Navy Seal hello enough said! I loved the writing style and I loved the plot of someone messing with Charlie's plane. There was some sweet moments, some steamy passionate moments, and some all around feel good moments. But all those where shadowed by the one thing that ruined my joy. The Bunny.......


Just kidding I loved Mr bunny. The real reason this book went from a 4 star to a 3 for me, the one thing that sucked the love of this book from me was Ryan's dead wife and the way Ryan wouldn't let go. My God it was like a dysfunctional love triangle with a ghost. Now don't get me wrong. I am okay with books were the hero or heroine is widowed and loved their dead spouse. I am okay with them still grieving, hurting, loving, being angry, or bitter the dead spouse and even feeling guilty for moving on with their life up to a point. So I was okay with Ryan and the fact that he was missing his dead wife and was angry with her up to a point. When I hit the 50% mark of this book and he was still talking to his dead wife like she would talk back, and still comparing her with Charlie. Still angry at the things his dead wife did to him, still asking why, I started to get annoyed. When The book was at 83% and he still was working out his issues with his dead wife (Charlie has left him at this point not wanting to compete with a dead woman) I felt Ryan was being selfish. Hurting Charlie and it really bugged me. Then finally at the 93% mark he decides he is going to let go of the hurt from his dead wife and that he loved Charlie, of course she doesn't know that yet, and I was just like whatevs. Little late now. 



It just tainted everything I loved. It ruined their relationship for me. There was a dead woman in bed with them when they made love. A dead woman there when charlie did something he liked and melted his heart a little because of course it reminded him of his dead wife and the way she hurt him. His dead wife was mentioned at least as many times as the heroine maybe more. It was just too much. So as much as I liked the writing style and I really did, and as much as I loved the characters this turned out to be just an okay read for me. But I do intend to go back and read the first 3 books. 





No comments:

Post a Comment