Saturday, July 30, 2016

Gone Too Deep

Book Review of Gone Too Deep (Search and Rescue series)


Title: Gone Too Deep

Series: Search and Rescue Series


Author: Katie Ruggle


Date Published: August 2nd 2016


Date Read:    July 30, 2016


The Blurb:


In the remote Rocky Mountains, lives depend on the Search & Rescue brotherhood. But in a place this far off the map, trust is hard to come by and secrets can be murder...


George Holloway has spent his life alone, exploring the treacherous beauty of the Colorado Rockies. He's the best survival expert Search and Rescue has, which makes him the obvious choice to lead Ellie Price through deadly terrain to find her missing father. There's just one problem-Ellie's everything George isn't. She's a city girl, charming, gregarious, delicate, small. And when she looks up at him with those big, dark eyes, he swears he would tear the world apart to keep her safe.

With a killer on the loose, he may have no choice.

Ellie's determined to find her father no matter the cost. But as she and her gorgeous mountain of a guide fight their way through an unforgiving wilderness, they find themselves in the crosshairs of a dangerous man in search of revenge. And they are now his prey...

My Review



5 I want one. I want a George Stars



Some spoilers

"Holy moly," Chelsea breathed, no longer appearing like she was about to laugh. "I want one. I want a George. Are there more like him in the mountains? Because we can close the store, fly to Colorado, and go George-shopping, only for me this time."-Chelsea


OMG I LOVED THIS BOOK! Gone Too Deep, the 3rd book in the Search and Rescue series was amazing! I don't even know were to start on all the awesome things about this book. While this book was easy to read as a standalone Katie Ruggle created such an exciting world that I am not done living it. So I will be going right to Amazon after I finish this review, buying all the other books in this series and starting from the beginning. And although I loved this book so much that I'm sure I will really enjoy the others as well, I doubt any of the other heroes will hold a candle to George. 


George, George, George God but that man was a wet dream! George was this super tall, yummy, bearded, all alpha, non-talking, grunting, sexy mountain man. I spent the entire time I was reading this book swooning, awing, and yelling out "God he's so damn sexy". I loved every single thing about George there was nothing I would have changed. Nothing. He was perfect. Oh and he was a virgin. Never been kissed, never nothing. There was such a sweet and sexy innocent vulnerability to him that was so appealing and in no way took away from his manly alphaness(is that a word???). George is for sure being added to the top of my book boyfriend list. 


Ellie was very sweet. She had a playfulness that was cute and goofy. I loved that she was smart. I hate stupid heroines that put themselves in danger, but Ellie was anything but. She had common sense but was still vulnerable and needed George. I also loved how loyal she was to her father. She didn't just dismiss him as crazy even though he had a metal illness. She loved and fought to help her father. It was too funny the way Ellie would interpret George's grunts and looks. She really got him and around her he was able to just be himself. 

He grunted, and Ellie chose to interpret that as "Good morning, Ellie. Isn't it a lovely day?"-Ellie



Ellie and George's relationship was sweet and had an intensity that had me hanging on to every grunt and half smile. But them being together felt natural, like they were meant to be. Ellie only had eyes for George and he only had eyes for her. Experiencing all George's first with Ellie was beautiful. I was like a huge sap melting as he kissed and made love for the first time. His embarrassment, nervousness, growing confidence, and then smug satisfaction was damn sexy. I enjoyed watching George and Ellie fall in love. I enjoyed every single grunt, word, smile, and laugh that Ellie pulled out of George. It was cute the way George would pick her up all the time and carry her around like a little rag doll. I loved Lou, and Callum and Ellie's friend Chelsea. I also really liked Ellie's dad. My heart melted at Ellie at her father's relationship and his metal issues. I loved all the action and that ending. OMG that ending........ I was jumping up and down yelling OMG no way. Talk about a freakin "drive me crazy" cliffhanger. Thank God the cliffhanger was just about the plot and not the couple or I might have lost it, but now I have to wait to find out what happens next. While I wait I'm going back and reading the other books in this series. I would recommend this book to all my friends that love a little action with their love story, and sexy, alpha mountain men that only have eyes for one woman! 




No comments:

Post a Comment