Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Grappling for Position

Book Review of Grappling For Position (Against The Cage Series)



Title: Grappling For Position

Series: Against The Cage Series


Author: Melynda Price 


Date Published: March 2nd 2017


Date Read:   March 4, 2017


The Blurb:

This battle of wills is about to go below the belt…


Willow Scott is sweet, innocent, and 100% untouchable. She’s the epitome of everything MMA fighter Regan “Rapscallion” Matthews has always wanted, but will never have. A woman like her deserves more than a scrapper from the wrong side of the tracks—the Scott’s charity case.
Unfortunately for Regan, his best friend’s little sister is all grown up and she’s tired of playing by the rules. When Willow sees something she wants, she goes after it—damn the consequences—and her sights are set on him. With a shot at the Welterweight title finally within his grasp, Willow Scott is a distraction Regan can’t afford. But this willful woman is determined to make him tap-out.
Willow has been in love with Regan Matthews since she was in pigtails and braces. Over the years, she’s all but given up hope of her brother’s friend returning her affection, but a part of her never stopped praying that someday he would see her as more than Kyle Scott’s annoying little sister. If Willow has her way that’s all about to change, and Regan must decide if he’s willing to risk losing his best friend and the Welterweight title for a woman he doesn’t deserve but cannot live without.


My Review



5 Forbidden Fruit Stars



Some Spoilers

OMG I have been waiting for Regan and Willow's story since Passing His Guard and it was amazing!!! I love me some brother's best friend love stories! I started this book and I couldn't put it down. I stayed up til 4am finishing it and I was sad when it ended! Willow was stubborn, strong, and so brave. I love that she fought for what she wanted and what she thought was right. Regan was sexy, playfully, funny, and very loyal. Both Willow and Regan were endearing, and relatable. Both had a very hard life. Willow losing her parents and almost being killed herself. Regan suffering the abuse of an alcoholic father. Both were fighters picking themselves up and making a life for themselves.

 
Willow, her brother Kyle, and Regan all grew up together. Willow has always loved Regan and Regan fell in love with Willow when she was 16 although he fought his feelings. Regan felt that Willow was forbidden fruit. That it would be disloyal to be in a relationship with his best friends baby sister. Regan and Willow's relationship was angsty with some push/pull balanced out with plenty of sweet. And the heat omg the heat. Regan and Willow had a strong connection. The sex in this book was hot! What is it about the forbidden fruit that just makes it sweeter? I loved getting to see Regan and Willow give into their relationship. I was also on pins and needles waiting for Kyle to find out about his baby sister and his best friend. And boy did the shit hit the fan when Kyle found out. I loved Regan, Willow and Kyle. I thought their dynamic was sweet. I felt bad that Kyle took things so badly and I want more Kyle! I loved everything about this book but the epilogue. I felt the epilogue was kinda weak. I love this series and I hope Kyle and Grim get their own books!





No comments:

Post a Comment