Friday, July 7, 2017

Seduced by the Tide

Book Review of Seduced By The Tide (Dragon Soul Series)


Title: Seduced By The Tide


Series: Dragon Soul Series


Author: Sean Michael 


Date Published: June 26th 2017


Date Read:  July 7, 2017 


The Blurb:

Meet the Beteferoce brothers. Five dragon shifters, each with a strong elemental power. And each with a fierce desire to find his soul mate… 


Deke has yet to meet a man who gives him a rush. Coast Guard rescue has kept the dragon shifter busy, but there's no harder work than finding a mate. Then comes Bryan. Bearded and inked, the personal trainer turned mechanic smells of grease, sweat and red meat. How irresistibly human can you get? And when it comes to hot, slamming sex, they're the perfect fit. Now all Deke has to do is to tell Bryan what he really is, and what he has planned for them. 

Bryan has never met anyone like Deke, a consuming lover with a body so arousing it damn near hurts. And he knows how to use every inch of it. Yet he can't shake the feeling that Deke is hiding something. Just not this—the stud he's falling for is a centuries-old dragon who has marked him as a mate. 

Bryan has to admit that something inside him is changing. For the first time ever, he's satisfied, body and soul. If Deke really is telling the truth, this could be his destiny—if he's ready to face it. 

Book two in the Dragon Soul series 


My Review




2 Didn't work for me stars



*Spoilers*

Seduced by the tide is the first book I have read by Sean Michael and it really didn't work for me. I was in the mood for some fated mate, M/M shifter love, but there was no meat to this story. It was all sex. Now don't get me wrong I enjoy smut as much as the next woman but the key to good smut is length. We readers all know smut is low on plot and character development, but hot on smexy time, so 100 pages or less works best for me otherwise it gets repetitive and I get bored. That is what happened in this book. It was too long to be smut but it didn't have enough plot, character, and relationship development. It was just sex, sex, bj, handy, bj, sex, steak, cupcake, sex, bj, kinky sex, bacon, handy, sex, and more sex. That is the whole book right there! Had this book been only 50 or so pages I would have rated it higher, but I got bored with this book. The sex got tedious and I found myself skimming the sex which was 90% percent of the book. The other thing that didn't work for me was the things Deke would call Bryan. Baby boy, Pretty baby, Sexy baby boy, Sweet baby and 100 other forms of baby this or that. Normally the pet name baby doesn't bother me but the baby boy just bugged me. And if it wasn't baby it was honey. There were so many sugary pet names that it got kinda cheesy. This book just didn't work for me. Sometimes authors and readers just don't rub together well and that is the case with this book. The writing style was fine and all I just didn't click with this book. 




No comments:

Post a Comment