Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Cocksure

Book Review Cocksure (Cocksure Series)




Title:Cocksure


Series: Cocksure Series


Author: K.I. Lynn & Olivia Kelley


Date Published:  January 8th 2018


Date Read:    May 6, 2018 


The Blurb:


A life altering lie, ten years, and one wild night later, the game has changed.

Niko

My life is great. I love my job, have awesome friends, and a great family. 
Women love me, even if they know it’s just for a night.
I always thought love at first sight was bullshit. Then she came storming into my life. She tore through my every rule, rocked my world, and knocked me on my ass.
There’s only one problem...she lied.
Turns out my best friend’s little sister isn’t so little anymore.

Everly

I stole a night with my fantasy.
After ten years of not seeing each other, Niko doesn’t even recognize me.
So I take what I want from him, what I need from him. Without worry. Without consequence.
What I didn’t count on was the lingering need for him. 
Once the truth is out, the game changes. There are consequences.
I should have known nothing in my life is ever simple.
My brother is going to kill his best friend and I have nine months to figure out what I want.

***NOTE - THIS IS A COMPLETE STANDALONE. ALL BOOKS IN THE COCKSURE WORLD ARE INDEPENDENT STANDALONES FEATURING A DIFFERENT COUPLE IN EACH BOOK***


My Review



     4 When Good Girls Go Bad Stars



Cocksure by K.I. Lynn and Olivia Kelley was a great read. It was my first time reading anything from either author and I really liked the writing style and flow of the book. The witty banter and brotherly ribbing between the hero and his best friend(heroine's brother) was funny af. I loved the plot! I am a total sucker for the forbidden fruit, best friend's little sister love stories. 



I loved the hero Niko. He was a sexy firefighter, and reformed man whore that fell hard for his best friend's lil sister Everly. He was faithful from the moment he and Everly got together for the first time. He broke all his own rules with her. 

Rules:
1. Never bring them back to my place.
2. Only one night.
3. Don't catch feelings.
4. See all rules above.


I loved that Niko made himself vulnerable with Everly. He put his feelings out there and he pursued her even after she pushed him away many times. I had mixed feelings for Everly. At first I loved her. I thought she was sassy, funny and smart. Then around the 40% til like 60% in the book I really didn't like the way she acted. She was insecure and immature. She would act bitchy and push Niko away.



I got were she was coming from. As someone that has been cheated on I total understood how she could feel the way she did. I got her insecurities, but I didn't like the way she would attack Niko for his past. Like just because he slept with a lot of women before her, that made him a cheater. She did pull her head out of her ass and by the end of the book I really loved her again. Niko and Everly together were smokin' hot. When they got together after Everly stopped pushing Niko away gave me all the feels. They were just so cute. I also loved Cam(Everly's brother) and Niko's friendship. I thought it was sweet and funny how protective of his little sister Cam was. He was like a sexier, tougher Ross from Friends. 



Cam was great and I felt the sexual tension between him and Everly's best friend Aly. The ending of the book was very sweet. It gave me what I love in HEAs. I seen that the next book is Cam and Aly's and I can't wait to read it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment