Thursday, July 5, 2018

It's Not Over

Book Review It's Not Over (Paths To Love Series)



Title:It's Not Over


Series: Paths To Love Series


Author: Grahame Claire


Date Published:   August 3rd 2018


Date Read:   July 1, 2018 


The Blurb:


Daniel
I have two lives.
One with the woman who owns me. The other tied to a past I can’t escape.
For eight years, I kept them separate, knowing one day their collision was inevitable.
That day has come.
She’ll have to accept it.
It’s over.

Vivian
He has two lives.
A beautiful one with me. Another shrouded in ugly secrets.
It didn’t matter, until now.
I don’t know why he’s destroyed us,
But fighting for him will be the battle of my life.
It’s not over.
 

My Review





5 Everything Stars



May have mild spoilers


It's Not Over, by Grahame Claire, was a great read. When I was asked to read this book I went into it completely blind, having only read the synopsis. In my head I figured from the synopsis, that it would be a second chance/contemporary romance, it was much more. From the opening line of this book I was totally hooked. This read took me for a ride. Though it was a contemporary romance it was also suspenseful, mysterious, angsty, heartbreaking, and sweet. This book was written and flowed so well that I couldn't believe this was the debut book for Grahame Claire. 

I’m going to spread your legs and feast on your pussy until you won’t be able to think of anything else but how good I make you feel. You’ll be so addicted to me, I’ll have to go into hiding to rest my mouth.” -Daniel



“I don’t know what’s going on. When I asked him, he shut down. But I’m scared, V. This afternoon, his eyes looked like they used to. Before you came to us. There was nothing in them. They were just… cold.”-Muriella

The hero Daniel was an enigma in the start of the book. He was also really intriguing. I was very drawn to him, I wanted to figure him out. Figure out his past and why he was doing the things he was doing. There was so much depth to Daniel. He was Protective, sweet, loyal, smart, and sexy. He could also be cold, withdrawn, and at times he could be cruel. Daniel may have been a bad boy that played on both sides of the law, but he was a good man. Vivian was great too. She was strong, independent, and a fighter. She had some serious sass, but she was also sweet, caring and down to earth. I love that she fought for their relationship, their love. That she showed her vulnerability and pain without fear, and that she was honest. My heart broke for her and at times I could feel her pain as if it was my own. 

“If you were attempting to hurt me, you succeeded.” He closed his eyes, and it almost felt as if he couldn’t stand to look at me. “I don’t want to hurt you, V. I’m trying my damnedest not to.” The words were whisper soft and so full of anguish, my heart broke for him. I pushed up onto my toes, brushed my lips against his, his forehead fell against mine. “Then stop lying to both of us.”-Vivian and Daniel



“I need you to make me a promise.” “I don’t know if I can, but I’ll try.” “No matter what, you will fight for me. For us. I can’t be with someone who won’t do that.” He cupped my face, his solemn eyes looking deep into mine. “That’s a promise I can easily make.” -Vivian and Daniel

When the book starts it's 8 years into Daniel and Vivian's relationship. The book jumps back and forth between the present and the past, when Daniel and Vivian first fell in love. I loved getting to see how their relationship started. I also really, really loved that Vivian didn't just jump into bed with Daniel. She made him work for it, spend time with her, get to know each other. Causal sex in books is fine. I read them all the time, but not everyone is like that, and it was nice to see something a little different. There is some push/pull in this book and it worked well. The secondary characters, Muriella and Stone were interesting too. Their budding romance and Muriella past has me hoping their book comes out soon. I really loved this book. I am so glad I was asked to read it. I have been in a book funk for a while now and this book was different enough that it got me hooked and keep me entertained.

“It’s not over. Not for us, princess.” I bent and smashed my mouth to his. “I knew it wasn’t,” I said against his lips. “Thank you,” he said softly. “You saved me. Again.” “No one will ever take you away from me. Not even you.” He stood and set me on his desk. His eyes glittered as he looked down. “Not even me.” -Daniel and Vivian





No comments:

Post a Comment