Monday, August 27, 2018

The Duke with the Dragon Tattoo

Book Review The Duke With The Dragon Tattoo (Victorian Rebels Series)



Title:The Duke with the Dragon Tattoo


Series: Victorian Rebels Series


Author: Kerrigan Byrne


Date Published:August 28th 2018 


Date Read: August 27, 2018


The Blurb:


He is known only as The Rook. A man with no name, no past, no memories. He awakens in a mass grave, a magnificent dragon tattoo on his muscled forearm the sole clue to his mysterious origins. His only hope for survival—and salvation—lies in the deep, fiery eyes of the beautiful stranger who finds him. Who nurses him back to health. And who calms the restless demons in his soul…


A LEGENDARY LOVE

Lorelei will never forget the night she rescued the broken dark angel in the woods, a devilishly handsome man who haunts her dreams to this day. Crippled as a child, she devoted herself to healing the poor tortured man. And when he left, he took a piece of her heart with him. Now, after all these years, The Rook has returned. Like a phantom, he sweeps back into her life and avenges those who wronged her. But can she trust a man who’s been branded a rebel, a thief, and a killer? And can she trust herself to resist him when he takes her in his arms?

My Review




4.5 Now and Never Stars




"A lot can happen between now and never."-Lorelai

The Duke with the Dragon Tattoo was such a good read. When I got this book from netgalley I had no clue who the hero was going to be. I only requested this book because Kerrigan Byrne is one of my favorite historical romance authors. But OMG when I figured out who the hero was I was flippin' out! Ash our hero (named given to him by Lorelai) was a man with no name or memory of his past. Found beating and burnt nearly to death the only thing that gave him the will to live was Lorelai's sweet voice begging him to stay. 

"Don't go, she'd murmured. Stay here with me." And so, he had. He'd lived only because she bade him to. Lorelai and Ash



She was his prayer in the night. His song in the dark. His past and present. His future. And he hadn't even laid eyes on her yet.-Ash

Ash had such a hard life and it turned him into a cold man. Kill or be Killed was all he knew. He was definitely an anti-hero. He had no problem getting his hands dirty, stealing, and killing without mercy. He had all the humanity beat and abused out of him. His only soft spot, his only weakness was Lorelai, the woman that nursed him back from the grave. Lorelai also had a hard life. Crippled by her evil brother and abused by him her whole life, Lorelai has known pain. However she didn't let it turn her bitter. She remained a sweet and caring person. Always nursing injured animals back to health, she couldn't help but put her whole heart into nursing the young man she found near death back to health too. Ash and Lorelai's love started out sweet and innocent but after 20 years of separation and abuse it had warped into something raw, and obsessive. 

"Lorelai. There are only two indisputable facts in this world: The sun will set in the west, and I'll come for you. Always."-Ash


"It's not that I merely missed you.....You are not a hole in my heart, you are the whole of my heart. -Ash

I loved the plot. When Ash's backstory was fully out in the open I was shocked and awed at all the twist. The way his past tied the series together made my heart so happy. OMG how I hated Lorelai's brother Mortimer. I wanted that pos to suffer so badly. Some favorites from other books in this series made cameos. Any time I can get me some more Dorian Blackwell I'm a happy woman. The Duke with The Dragon Tattoo was a great addition to Victorian Rebels series. There were a few minor things that made me take off a 1/2 star from my rating but still this read was a solid 4.5 stars!






No comments:

Post a Comment