Thursday, September 20, 2018

Hidden

Book Review Hidden (Deep Ops Series)


Title:Hidden 


Series: Deep Ops Series


Author: Rebecca Zanetti


Date Published:  September 25th 2018 


Date Read: September 19, 2018


The Blurb:


Hide. That’s all Pippa can do to escape the terror chasing her. But now that she’s off the grid in a safe house, she finds plenty of interesting things to watch through the window. Like her new neighbor, with his startling green eyes, killer smile, and sexy bad-boy tattoo . . .

Run. Malcolm West is fleeing the hell he unleashed in his last assignment as an undercover cop. A backwoods bungalow sounds like the perfect place to start over. Until he discovers he’s been set up . . .

Fight. Someone’s gone to a lot of trouble to bring them together. No matter how much he resents that, and his own driving needs, Malcolm will have to dig deep and let loose the banished killer inside himself, or Pippa’s fears could come true faster than the flip of a bolt in a lock . . .


My Review




5 Facing your Demons Stars 



***May Have Mild Spoilers*** 



"What kind of a threat are we looking at?" Wolfe asked, his gaze not leaving the dog. Roscoe kept his focus on Clarence Wolfe, not wavering. Were they having some weird staring contest? Force cleared his throat. "The dog won't blink." "Neither will I," Wolfe murmured, not moving.

OMG this book was so good! Look it's no secret to anyone that knows me that I'm a huge Rebecca Zanetti fan. She is one of my top 3 favorite authors of all times. I have read and loved all the books in her Dark Protector series, Sin Brother Series, and her Realm Enforcers series. So to say I was excited when I heard she was starting a new series, would be an understatement. Hidden was everything I hoped for and more. With a strong plot, a sexy bad-ass hero, a smart, brave heroine, likable secondary characters, and lots of action this book took me for one hell of a ride. I couldn't put it down. 




"One night?" She nodded, her skin sensitized by his gentle touch. "Just one. You and me and none of the other stuff. No jobs, no past, no bullets flying by. No panic attacks."-Mal and Pippa

Malcolm was so yummy. He had some scars inside and out. A ex-undercover cop all Mal wanted was some peace to deal with the demons of his last case. Instead he got pulled into a new Team called Requisition Force. Because even though Malcolm didn't want to go undercover again he did it so he could help save his sexy reclusive neighbor Pippa.  Pippa was brave, smart and sweet. My heart bled for all she lived through. I loved Malcolm and Pippa together from the start. They had a ton of sexual tension and chemistry. And though they were both keeping secrets and lying to each other I still felt their relationship had real depth. 




"You don't know me." "Show me, then. Show me who you are," she whispered, cupping his face. "I don't care who you've been or what you've done. Just show me now." Reaching up, she sank her teeth into his bottom lip.-Mal and Pippa

Being the first book in a new series it built up the world, and introduced the members RF. Let me just say I loved the team. Angus, Raider, Bridgid, Nari, and my two favorites Roscoe the alcoholic, high heel wearing dog, and the big sexy, slightly crazy, kitten loving, ex-lieutenant commander Wolfe! I want me a piece of Wolfe! Hell I want all of him! This book had the perfect amount of action and passion. There was also some great laugh out loud moments too. There was a cute quirkiness to the team that made them very endearing. I loved the cult part of the plot. Isaac the cult leader was creepy, crazy and just plain evil. Zanetti did a great job writing believable characters. I loved the camaraderie that I already felt with the team. I already feel very attached to the other team members and I can't wait to read their stories. Especially Wolfe's!!!!

"Just so we have this straight. I'm going undercover in a cult that might be planning to use explosives to harm a lot of people in the name of the Bible." He tried to quiet the rioting in his head. "I've slept with the mark, who we all know I want to save. The new shrink wants to get into my head, and I don't want that." "I really do want inside your head," Nari said, her eyes lighting up. Mal ignored her and looked at Wolfe. "You're a little nuts and now have a kitten in your pocket." Wolfe nodded. "And you, our leader." Mal focused on Angus. "Not only are you obsessed with a serial killer case that might just exist in your mind and splits your focus, but you have a high-heel-loving dog that's also an alcoholic." " What's your point?" Force asked.-Mal, Nari, and Force







No comments:

Post a Comment