Saturday, October 20, 2018

RUSH

Book Review Rush (Rush Series)




Title:Rush


Series: Rush Series


Author: Emma Scott


Date Published:  June 30th 2015


Date Read: July 4, 2018 


The Blurb:


To be blind is not miserable; not to be able to bear blindness, that is miserable. --John Milton 


Charlotte Conroy, Juilliard-trained violinist, was on the cusp of greatness when tragedy swooped down on dark wings, crushing her hopes and breaking her heart. The music that used to sing in her soul has grown quiet, and she feels on the verge of setting down her violin for good. To pay the bills, she accepts a job as a personal assistant to a bitter, angry young man who’s been disabled by a horrific accident …

Noah Lake was an extreme sport athlete, journalist and photographer. He roamed the world in search of his next adrenaline high, until a cliff-dive left him in a coma. He awakes to find his career gone, his dreams shattered to pieces, his world an endless blackness that will never lift.

Charlotte begins to see that beneath Noah’s angry, brittle exterior is a young man in a pain. She is determined to show him that his life isn’t over, that he has so much to live for, never dreaming that she would become the only light in his darkness, or that he would help her find the music in hers.

The life he knew is over. The life she wants is just out of reach.
Together, they must face their fears and rediscover what it means to really live.
 


My Review




5 light in my darkness Stars



Spoilers 

“How do you do that? How do you know what to do and say so that I feel…?” “So that you feel what?” “Whole. You make me feel like I have a shot at something more than this misery.”-Noah and Charlotte


OMG I loved this book so much. This is my first Emma Scott book and it gave me all the feels. I loved everything about this book. Everything! I loved the hero Noah. I loved the heroine Charlotte. And I completely loved the plot. This book was so sweet, and super emotional. Noah blew me away. He was blind and bitter about it. He wasn't living, just existing. He had an amazing life before he had an accident that not only left him blind but it took away his dream job. I could understand Noah's bitterness. I felt that Emma Scott did an bang up job showing all the things you lose out on being blind. Not just the big things but all the little simple things that you take for granted when you can see. Charlotte was also very relatable. She had been on top of the world. Had a boyfriend she loved, went to Juilliard and was an up and coming violinist that was going to make it big. Then her beloved brother dies, and instead of being there for her when she needed him the most her boyfriend dumps her for another woman. I could see how that pain would tangle up with her love of music. Both Noah and Charlotte were drowning in pain. Both lost what they loved and felt adrift 

“You’re the light in my darkness, Charlotte.”-Noah



“I love you, Noah. With my heart and my soul and this body. With every part of me. I love you so much you don’t have to see it. You can feel it”-Charlotte

I loved how Charlotte and Noah slowly came together. How they both slowly opened up, shared their pain, and fell madly in love. I could feel their connection. I could feel how alive Noah felt and how much Noah's love brought music back to life for Charlotte. I also loved that once they fell in love it didn't magically fix everything. They still had their demons. Noah more so than Charlotte but they still had to work on their problems. My heart bled for both of them. I felt so bad for Noah especially. I could see how hard it would be to live forever in the dark. To never see the person you loved or your kids. It would be crushing. This book was just so touching. I have to say that It's one of my favorite books this year. I will be reading many more books by Emma Scott!



No comments:

Post a Comment