Friday, April 24, 2020

Free Me

Book Review of Free Me (Free Series)


Title:  Free Me

Series: Free Series

Author:  

Date Published:  April 3rd 2020 

Date Read: April 24, 2020 

The Blurb:

It started with a parking ticket . . .
Who knew helping her out of that one little slip of paper would turn my world upside down?
I don’t do commitment.
Yet I can’t seem to stay away from her.
And that’s a problem.
Because when there's feelings involved, somebody always gets hurt.
She’s hiding something. I know it.
But when the truth comes out, will it set us free?
Or will it send everything up in flames?
 


My Review


4.5 Free from the past stars



I have been sitting on this book for a while. I got an arc and I was so excited to read it. Then I was asked to sew face masks for a local hospital. I had to put my reading on hold for a whole two weeks. I have never went that long without reading ever..... (I did cheat a bit by listening to audible rereads while sewing) As soon as I caught a break in sewing I dived into Free me and was totally captivated. I finished it in 10 hours. OMG it was so good. Emotional and addictive I couldn't wait to unravel Trish and Andrew's story.


Trish first showed up as a side character in the Paths to love series. So I already knew a bit about her. Then her story started and blew me away. Trish's back story was heartbreaking. I loved how strong she was. She was brave and smart. She didn't let her past hold her back and I loved that. Andrew I loved. He wasn't perfect. He had a hard past too and it colored his actions. Still he was protective, sweet, and a all around great guy. Trish and Andrew had a sweet slow burn love. I loved them together. There was great character development. I not only love but, I fell in love with some secondary characters as well. Especially Andrew's family. Overall it was a amazing read, the only problem I had with it was I would have liked about 50 more pages at the end. It felt a tad rushed after they resolved their issues. Other than that it was perfect and it was a real treat after not reading for 2 weeks.





No comments:

Post a Comment