Saturday, March 14, 2015

Darkness

Book Review of Darkness (New Species Series)


Title: Darkness

Series: New Species Series

Author: Laurann Dohner

Date Published: September 23rd 2014

The Blurb: 
Kat’s boss wants dirt on the NSO. She is sent to Homeland undercover but everything goes wrong as soon as she enters the front gates. She is arrested by a big, powerful, sexy New Species but she is not frightened. He turns her on and things heat up fast between them. Now, she just hopes he does not break her heart.

Darkness admires Kat’s courage but he cannot trust anything she says. He hasn’t been with a female for years because he knows he is too damaged. He is not mate material, despite his desire to possess her in every way. Darkness fears losing control—the one thing that defines his life. He doesn’t think he can tear down the protective walls he’s built, even for her.

Inside Scoop: Kat never realized how much fun handcuffs and dominant males could be until she discovered her kinky side through Darkness’ need for control.
 


My Review


4.5 Reality bitch-slap Stars



*Spoilers below*

"I’m going to break you, sweetheart. It’s going to be a pleasure for both of us.”



“Little pretend-cats shouldn’t ever play with actual feral, bigger ones. Do you understand? I’m not as domesticated as you might think.”


Holy Shit!!! I don't know how I am going to write a review when I am a boneless melted puddle. Wow Darkness is freakin hott!!!!!!! Ok So Darkness is the 12th book in the New Species Series. Kat is a FBI agent sent in to homeland undercover by her douche bag boss to get the dirt on the NS and to look for Jerry Boris. From the first few minutes in the gates of homeland all hell breaks loose, and she does something that pretty much blows her cover. Now she is being interrogated by this tall sexy as hell NS male. What's a woman to do when her loyalties are torn between the man she wants more than any other or her career?

“You don’t want to see me snap. You’d end up with more than you could handle. You’d have two hundred forty-five pounds of raw male unleashed on your ass.” 


Darkness:

“I warned you that I wasn’t mate material.” “You did. I just thought you had issues. Instead you’re ice cold inside.”

MMMMM Damn Darkness is all kinds of kinky, dirty, damaged bad boy, yummy goodness!!! OMG Hawt dayum did I want to jump him! But I wanted to choke his ass a lot too. Darkness was messed up! He was sexy, strong and has a great heart, but he has so many damn walls built up and he tries so hard to lock everyone out of his heart that he comes across as cold sometimes. When he tells Kat about his pasted my heart just broke for him. I can see why he is fighting so hard to keep everyone away. Darkness is very stubborn and serious, so I loved the times Kat made him laugh or grin.


“Pretend you’re a female from my past so I can effectively do my job. I actually admired your skill out there. I don’t think I could have done as well as you did or dealt with those humans as quickly. You either think fast on your feet or it was a brilliant strategic move. You’re one of the best assassins I’ve ever met if that’s the case. If I’m wrong…” He looked at her chest. “It makes you exceptionally sexy.”


“I’ll fit.” He tore off one of the condoms from the roll and tossed the rest of them up near the top of the bed. She didn’t seem so certain or fearless anymore. It amused him. “I’ll go slow. You’re tough. I promised not to hurt you.” “I don’t think that’s an option. You’re size-proportioned, that’s for sure. I guess those big feet of yours should have been a clue. Do you carry a permit for that?”


“Relax and enjoy this. It’s the first step in mating. I’m claiming you in every way.”


Kat:

Kat is a totally bad ass bitch!!!! I loved her so freakin much. She was so sassy, strong and playful. She had a great personality. She says what she thinks, she is smart and a fast thinker. She doesn't let Darkness walk on her , but she fights for him hard.... She slowly tore down his walls, she was very understanding of his past, but didn't become a door mat for him just because he has issues. She was perfect for him!


“I thought you were going to never see me again?” She ran the tip of her tongue across his skin, paused right under his earlobe. “Did you bring handcuffs, Mr. Control?” She nibbled on his earlobe. “Control this.” Her hands started to roam his body wherever she could reach.


“It’s scary and messy when you start to fall for someone, Darkness. I heard that from someone who gave me a reality bitch-slap. This is yours. You can physically haul ass away from me but it’s not going to stop you from thinking about me or admitting that I’ve gotten to you. It’s a two-way street.”


“You win. I give up. I thought there was something more between us but I see you’re never going to allow that to happen. You can sleep alone from now on. That should thrill you.”



“Spread your thighs.” “Just like that, huh?” The soft growl was a warning. “Okay. That’s kind of sexy.” He smiled. “You think so?” “Yeah. I like it when your voice deepens too.” “Give me a few minutes and you might hear me snarl. You don’t scare easily, do you?”


Darkness and Kat together is like a sex explosion. They are more kinky then romantic, because Darkness tries really hard to keep all the intimacy out of it, but it was still very sexy. I loved Fury and Darkness in this book. It was great to get to see Sal Fury's .  I loved that Fury and Darkness are brothers!   I loved this book it is a great addition to the series, the only reason I didn't rate it 5 stars is because , it took too long for Darkness to come around for my liking, and they didn't kiss til the damn end. Other than that the book rocked! I am on to the next book. I will leave my favorite moment below :


“Stop it. This is immature.” “Brothers sometimes fight.” Fury waved his hand toward his chest, urging him to come at him. “Let’s figure out who is the toughest, bro.” “Goddamn it,” Darkness hissed. The fight was on. Fury grabbed his shirt and nailed him in the ribs with a knee. He groaned but regained the upper hand when he managed to land a blow to the male’s chin. Fury stumbled back but Darkness didn’t retreat that time. The male wanted to fight and he was up for it. He tackled Fury around the waist, taking them both to the ground. They rolled, exchanging punches. He heard someone approaching but ignored the audience they seemed to have drawn until males pulled them apart. Security had surrounded them quickly. He glared at Fury, who was being held by two other males. Fury actually grinned. He had blood around his mouth. “Tell me that didn’t feel good.” “What is going on here?” Jinx glanced between the two of them. “A little harmless competition,” Fury announced. “Release us.” “Harmless?” Jinx shook his head. “You’re both bleeding.” “We’re bleeding the same blood type though, aren’t we?” Fury arched an eyebrow at Darkness. “Release us,” Darkness repeated. “The fight is over.” “But the discussion has just begun. I’ll be back tomorrow night and every night after until we work this out,” Fury warned. 




No comments:

Post a Comment