Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Maverick

Book Review of Maverick (Elite Ops Series)


Title: Maverick

Series: Elite Ops

Author: Lora Leigh

Date Published: March 3rd 2009  

The Blurb: 
Micah Sloane knows almost everything there is to know about Risa Clay, including the vicious betrayal she endured years ago and the distrust she’s harbored ever since. The only way for the Elite Ops agent to uncover an assassin—and banish the ghosts of his own dark past—is to use Risa as bait. But nothing has prepared him for her disarming blend of innocence and sensuality, or for his overwhelming need to protect her…

Risa has spent six years rebuilding her life. And now, to save it, she must pose as Micah’s lover and draw a killer into the open. It’s a risky plan—especially with a man as powerfully seductive as Micah. But, as their charade becomes reality, Risa realizes the greatest danger may lie in losing her heart forever…
 


My Review



4.5 Emotionally gutted Stars




“There’s no shame between us, baby. Only pleasure. Only the pleasure you want.”



“Let’s hope he tries to kill me soon then,” she said in irritation. “Or I might kill you while we are waiting.”


Holy Crap!!! My emotions are all over the place with this book. whew *Deep Breath* Maverick is the Second book in the Elite Ops Series. In this book we have Micah Sloane , he is after the assassin Orion , who killed his mother and father. Orion is after Risa Clay one of the women saved in the last book by Nathan Malone. Micah is going to pose as her lover and get him when he tries to make the hit on Risa. The problem with that is Risa has been trying to put her life together and heal after being raped, drugged up on Whores dust, and then held for 2 years in a psychiatric ward and drugged some more. All of this because of her father, a evil bastard who was not only behind his daughters rape, he held her down while she was raped! Using her as bait not only feels wrong to Micah, but he feels a strong pull to her . Now he is trying to catch a killer, keep Risa alive , and not hurt her anymore emotionally, all while he is falling in love with her. He knows he will have to walk away dead men don't have dreams, family, or lovers!


“You’re not weak, Risa. And I have never pitied you. Not even once. I have always been in awe of your courage and your tenacity to survive.”


Micah Sloane:


Micah was hot as hell!! He was so sweet , protective, and very playful , but also cocky, and arrogant. The way he talked was OMG Sexy! I couldn't help but fall in love with him. I loved that he was so understanding, but not treating her like a baby. He was strong for her and helped her grow and heal. And Sexy did I mention sexy ...... Totally sexy! Damn he was hott! When he would tell her he loved her in hebrew omg melted! 


“I’m very tired,” he informed her. “A little minx kept me up well past my bedtime last night, then skipped out on me and forced me to follow after her. I stared into her window like a lovesick Romeo pining for her attention.”


“I want to push you against that wall behind you and pound into you while you’re screaming my name. I want to feel your tight pussy convulsing around my cock and hear you screaming my name. And when we’re done there, I’ll slide you to the floor and take you again. You’re within minutes of being fucked, baby. I’d move if I were you.”


“Ani ohev otach.” I love you. “Me’achshav ve’ad hanetzach.” From now to eternity 


Risa Clay:


God did Risa live through hell........ I loved Risa thought she was perfect. She was so strong for someone that was tortured the way she was. She was brave and fought to heal and live even while fear consumed her. She struggles with trying to feel like a woman and her feelings for Micah all while a killer is after her and having to face the demons from her past. Risa was very real to me I connected with her and my heart bled for her. 

“When I saw you, Micah, I knew I had to. I didn’t want to change my mind. I didn’t want to run from you. I just wanted you.”


“Leave me my pride, Micah. Get the hell out of my life now if you’re going to go. Don’t sit here and make me beg you to stay.”


“Please, Micah. If you’re leaving me in the morning, then leave now. Don’t wait until I’m asleep in your arms, or feeling the hope that you’ll stay. I couldn’t handle it.”


“I could stay here, covering you like a blanket meant to protect, forever,” he whispered at her ear. “You are a light that will always guide me, a whisper I’ll always strain to hear.”

Hawt Dayum the Chemisty between these two was smoken hott!!!! They are one of those couples that just draws you in and you connect to them like they are real! Such Intense passion. I loved them, I hurt for them, and cheered for them when they got their HEA!!! I thought Jordan was kinda a dick in this book. This story line was very emotional. It made me want to cry, smile, laugh, yell and hit something all in the span of a few pages, but damn it was a great book. I am on to the next book. Below I leave my favorite moment for the book:


“Why are you in jeans?” she asked breathlessly. “You were naked when you got in the bed.” A smile tugged at his lips. “I pulled them on when I heard Jordan and Tehya enter the apartment. Couldn’t let them see my bare ass, darling. Tehya’s frisky. She would have patted it.” Risa wanted to smile at his teasing. “I’d break her hand,” she promised. “I knew I could trust you to help me hold on to my dignity.”



No comments:

Post a Comment