Monday, December 21, 2015

Binding Vows

Book Review of Binding Vows (MacCoinnich Time Travel Series)


Title: Binding Vows

Series: MacCoinnich Times Series

Author: Catherine Bybee

Date Published: December 4th 2009

Date Read:  July 07, 2015

The Blurb:
Duncan MacCoinnich's task... Travel to the twenty-first century Renaissance Faire, deflower the Druid virgins, and go home. Only his job is not so easily accomplished with the virgin in question, Tara McAllister. Time is running out. The evil is closing in on them both. Tara finds Duncan irresistible after what was supposed to be a mock Hand-fasting binds them. When Duncan whisks her to his home in Scotland she could accept that. But, can she forgive him for taking away her modern life when she finds herself in the sixteenth century? And is it love they feel? Or something else? 


My Review



5 “I’m a virgin, come and get it.” Stars



“You have got to be kidding! You were sent to deflower the virgins?”

My God I love this book!!!!! What do you get when you take Scottish Warriors from the sixteenth century, a evil witch, a modern 25 year old virgin, a accidental soul binding marriage, and time travel? A freakin Hit that is what you get! OMG!!!! 

“Go, pop that cherry for God’s sake.”


“You have flooded my mind every moment from the minute I sat on you.”

What this book is about

The evil Grainna needs the blood of a Druid virgin to break her curse, get back her powers, and return to her time. In order to find a Druid virgin she runs a Renaissance fair were the virgins are to wear their hair down. Duncan and Finlay MacCoinnich are Druids that have traveled from the sixteenth century to the present to stop Grainna by deflowering all the virgins, druid or not just to be safe. Duncan meets Tara McAllister and realizes she is just what Grainna needs to break her curse, a 25 year old druid virgin. So Duncan sets out to complete his task and sleep with Tara. There is only one problem with that Tara isn't giving it up!! Tara let her friend Cassy drag her to this Renaissance Fair where she meets Duncan. She finds that she really likes him and things start to get carried away fast, but Tara did not save herself for 25 years to just give it up to some man she doesn't know even if he does make her hotter than anyone ever! After what is suppose to be a fake Hand-fasting Tara finds herself really soul bound to Duncan in a Druid marriage and in the sixteenth century. Will Tara forgive Duncan for bringing her to his time and can Duncan keep Tara safe from the evil Grainna?

“Yes. I’ll be honest with you.” Tara took a long-suffering breath and slowly explained what she needed to say. “Having sex with someone I barely know isn’t on my list of things to do today.” The air thickened while she awaited his reply. Her shoulders tensed. With a straight face he asked, “What about tomorrow?”


“What’s under that kilt?” His smile teased. “Need.”

This is the first book I have read from Catherine Bybee and I am hooked! Duncan is sexy, playful, and sweet. He gives Tara what she needs, and protects her. Tara feels deeply, she has a temper, but she is a sweet person. Tara and Duncan have a beautiful relationship full of passion and respect. I loved them as a couple. I loved all of Duncan's family and I loved the plot. This book was sweet, made me laugh, and gave me the warm fuzzies. I am so glad I found this series and this Author! Great Read!!!!!!

“Will you marry me, Tara? Will you take me and my name and all it holds? Will you give any child that may even now be forming or any future children my name?” He placed his hand on her flat stomach. “Will you be my wife?”



No comments:

Post a Comment