Sunday, January 3, 2016

Coach Maddie and the Marine

  Book Review of Coach Maddie and the Marine


Title: Coach Maddie And The Marine

Series: No Series.  Novel

Author: Blaire Edens

Date Published:  January 11th 2016

Date Read:  January 2, 2016

The Blurb:
After the combat death of her Marine husband, grief counselor Maddie Westerfield has thrown herself into helping other families—leaving no time for dating. Which is just fine with Maddie since falling in love again, especially with another man in uniform, is out of the question. No matter how gorgeous he is. Plus, she’s busy looking after her eight-year-old nephew for her deployed sister.

For the last eight years, Lieutenant David Sterling has lived with the guilt of losing one of his soldiers in an ambush in Afghanistan. So when the opportunity presents itself, he jumps at the chance to help the beautiful widow coach her nephew’s football team. But keeping things strictly professional between them is harder than he expected. And even though he knows a relationship with Maddie will only lead to heartbreak, he can't help falling for her.


My Review



3 A Girl Football Coach Stars




When I got this book I was really looking forward to it. Coach Maddie and the Marine sounded like a cute lighthearted read that would put me in my warm fuzzy zone, but sadly it missed its mark. While parts of this book were cute, it was lacking any real substance. In the first 50% of the book the couple were cute,but a little cheesy. David comes off a little too perfect in the first half. But I am okay with cheesy and perfect when I read lighthearted books. Then at like the 65% mark the books just lost it for me. David did things that I just didn't buy. The book starts jumping around like crazy, their making up and the ending felt totally rushed. I didn't really connect with the characters or their relationship. I learned more about football then I did about Maddie, David or their love. I would have liked more of everything. More of them falling in love, more of their feeling and thoughts through their time apart and more of them making up not just bam their back together. Over all the book was just a quick, lighter, okay read for me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment