Thursday, May 26, 2016

Into the Whirlwind

Book Review of Into The Whirlwind (Boss Inc series)


Title: Into The Whirlwind

Series: Boss Inc Series

Author: Kat Martin

Date Published:May 31st 2016

Date Read:    May 24th 2016

The Blurb: 

A bodyguard, a bounty hunter, a private investigator, no one can handle the heat like the men of BOSS, Inc. 


Megan O'Brien is at her wit's end. Her three-year-old son has been kidnapped. No police, says the ransom demand. Fearing for her son's life, Meg has no choice but to turn to her former bodyguard, Dirk Reynolds. 

Dirk's never forgiven Meg for the way she left him after their brief affair. But with bounty hunter Luke Brodie on his side, Dirk knows he's got to help Meg rescue her son. 

The few clues they’ve gathered send them spiraling into a murky world of big banking and international crime. Meg may be way out of her depths, but she’s seeing a side of Dirk she never suspected—one no woman could possibly resist.


My Review


 

5 Hell Yeah! Stars

"You meant everything to me, Meg, and I meant nothing to you."-Dirk 


*Spoilers*

"It's Charlie. He's been kidnapped. They left a note. It says they'll...they'll kill him if I go to the police."-Meg 

Hells Yeah! That is what I'm talking about...... OMG Dirk's book!!!!! I fell in love with Dirk when I read, Into the Fury, the 1st book in this series. I knew his book was next and I almost went crazy waiting for him, because patience is not my virtue. So when I saw it on Netgalley well first I let out a loud squeal then I requested it. Then when I got it I did a crazy happy dance. 


"It has to be you. I know in my heart you can save Charlie. Only you." His jaw went iron hard. "Jesus, Meg." "Please, Dirk. Please help me." "Do you know what you're asking?" She knew. There was a time he had loved her. He had begged her to stay with him, give them a chance. Meg had refused.-Meg and Dirk 

Dirk's story was everything I wanted and More...... lots of yummy action packed sexy More! I can't think of one thing I didn't love about this book. Not one and that almost never happens. At the end of book 1 my heart bled for Dirk. When Meg broke up with him(and for a lame reason I might add) I wanted to throw my kindle against the wall. I knew when I read the sneak peek for Dirk and Meg's story that it was going to be a good one. I had liked Meg all through the first book until she ripped my Dirk's heart out then I knew she would have her work cut out for her to win me back. But won me back she did.

"I loved him. I've never felt that way about anyone. Not the man I married. Not anyone. I loved him, but I knew it would never work." "Why not? You don't think he would have been a good husband, a good father to Charlie?" "I don't know." "If you loved him, dear, maybe you should have taken the time to find out."-Meg and Rose 

Dirk was amazing. He was protective, giving, loving, and sexy. He had that bad boy I love fast cars, motorcycles, and danger vibe. He was so good to Meg. Helping her after she hurt him so badly. I loved getting to know Dirk on a deeper level in this book. He felt real, you could understand why he did and said the things he did. Which made him easy to connect to. Meg had a lame reason in my opinion for breaking up with Dirk, but she really did love him. She was a great mom and could be really sweet and brave. I love that she realized what a huge mistake she made with Dirk and she worked to win him back not the other way around. It went a long way in soothing my angry towards her that she said she was sorry, asked him for another chance and understood he needed time him to build back the trust. I loved them both together. Damn they had some intense passion. Dirk was beast! As a couple they both respected each other and were supportive. I loved that they didn't have a ton of angsty unnecessary relationship drama. They talked it out like adults! Beautiful.


"We can't do this, Meg. I'm not going there with you again." Her eyes filled, making them look even bigger and bluer. "I can't take any more, Dirk. I'm going to break; I can feel it. I'm begging you. Just this once. Just for tonight. Please Dirk." He clamped down on his raging need. "Maybe you could take a sleeping pill. You must have something around here." "I don't want a sleeping pill! My son is missing! I can't bear to think of what might be happening to him! I want someone to hold me. I want someone to touch me. I want to forget for a while. Make me forget, Dirk. Please."-Dirk and Meg 

This book was fast pace, exciting, and romantic. It had tons of action that kept me on the edge and a sweet little boy that melted my heart! I loved getting to see how the couple from book 1 was doing. Luke was in this book a lot and I really enjoyed getting to know him more. Luke's book is next and again I am all kinds of excited about getting my hands on that bad baby. The sneak peek at the end of this book only made me want it 10x more, and to know I have to wait until Feb. *Sigh* Torture! Great read I would recommend this book to anyone who likes Romantic Suspense .

"Have you ever made a mistake so big it just consumed you?" she asked softly. "Have you ever made a wrong choice you wished you could undo more than anything in the world?"-Meg 





No comments:

Post a Comment