Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Trust Me

Book Review of Trust Me (The Donovan Family series)



Title: Trust Me

Series: The Donovan Family Series

Author: Margaret Watson

Date Published:November 12th 2014

Date Read:    May 30th 2016


The Blurb:

Raine Taylor has one goal – justice for her murdered sister. She knows Genie's husband strangled her and left her in an alley – Peter had been threatening to kill his wife for years. The police said there was no proof Peter Northrup killed Genie. So it was up to Raine to make him pay. 


When Detective Connor Donovan answers a call about a trespasser outside Northrup's house, he finds a woman running down the street. When he tries to stop her, he's left holding her hoodie as she strikes out like a ninja then vanishes like smoke. 

Connor quickly realizes Raine is his mysterious trespasser. Now he has to figure out why she was outside Northrup's house at three A.M. Raine isn't his usual criminal – she's a schoolteacher who coaches a tae-kwon-do team of under-privileged girls. And he's wildly attracted to her.

Raine needs to stay away from Connor. She has a plan to deal with Northrup, and she can't get involved with a cop. But like two magnets drawing together, she can't resist him. Can Connor help her find justice for Genie? Or will her sister's killer claim another victim before they can stop him?

My Review



  4 Love With A Side Of Justice Stars



"Like what you see, Ms. Taylor?" he finally said. "Just wondering the same, Detective," she shot back. -Connor and Raine 
Trust Me is the 4th book in the Donovan Family series and can be read as a stand alone. I haven't read any of the other books in this series and I didn't have any problems. Although as I got to know the Donovan family through this book and it made me want to go back and read their stories too. This book had a great plot and a steady pace. It kept my attention til the very last page. I really enjoy this book. 

"Would you be happier about it if I said 'pretty please'?" She stared him down. "Is that what you say before you arrest someone? Pretty please put your hands behind your back?"-Connor and Raine 

**************************************************************************************
"Have I rattled you, Ms. Taylor?" His breath tickled her ear and made her shiver. She elbowed him away. "No, Detective. You haven't." "Shame." He leaned closer. "You've rattled me."-Connor and Raine 

Connor and Raine were both great. Connor was sexy, protective, loyal, determined, and a cop need I say more. Anyone who's ever read my reviews knows Cops, firefighters, Military men, or really any man in uniform just do it for me! They're like my weakness. 


"You're mine, Raine. I want you with me. All the time."-Connor 

Sorry Daydreaming again :) 

So to say I loved Connor would be an understatement. The man made my knees weak. Although he wasn't written perfect he was human and did stupid guy things. He said sorry and he earned that Trust!! Raine was this sassy, kick ass tae-kwon-do teacher with a stubborn streak a mile wide. I loved that she was strong and could take care of herself. She was also loyal, caring and when she let her walls down and showed her vulnerable side I as a reader couldn't help but love her. 

"Stop it! Don't touch me again! Do you want to be caught fucking in my van? In a public parking lot?"-Raine 



"Using your head instead of your muscles doesn't make you weak, Raine. It makes you smart. You're the strongest woman I know. And I don't mean physically. I don't know anyone who has more courage, more resolve, more guts than you."-Connor 

Connor and Raine as a couple has some smokin' hot intense passion. Like can't wait another minute rip the clothes off passion, but I loved that as they fell in love they also had that sweet slow love making too. Their relationship wasn't bump free but they respected each other and I liked that. It made their love feel realistic. The bad guy was well written, evil and creepy without being ridiculous. I loved all the Donovans. They were a sweet tight knit family and I want more of them. I am thinking of reading Mac and Brendan's books but I really want to read Mia and Quinn's stories! This book is a HFN book so no epilogue :( Over all a great read and I would recommend it to anyone who loves Romantic Suspense!

"I don't want to need help, Connor." She spoke into his shirt, and he could barely hear her. "I don't want to rely on anyone. But...but I guess I'm okay with relying on you."-Raine 




No comments:

Post a Comment