Saturday, September 3, 2016

Waking Olivia

Book Review of Waking Olivia 



Title: Waking Olivia

Series: Novel


Author: Elizabeth O'Roark


Date Published: March 14th 2016


Date Read:    September 02, 2016


The Blurb:

"That girl isn't just trouble of the not-a-team-player, not-a-reliable-runner variety. She's trouble of the devious, manipulative, too-f***ing-hot-for-her-own good variety. She's the kind of girl who causes trouble merely by existing, and then makes sure to cause more.
And the last thing I need right now is more trouble."

A failing farm.
His father’s debt.
And a struggling college track team.
Will Langstrom has too many responsibilities, and the last thing he needs is Olivia Finnegan, a beautiful but troubled new transfer student.

A smart mouth.
A strong right hook.
And a secret that could destroy her.
Olivia is her own worst enemy, with a past she can’t seem to escape, and the last person she wants help from is a cocky track coach she can never seem to please.
Refusing to be pushed away, Will is determined to save her.
And determined to resist an attraction that could destroy them both.
 

My Review




4 Sleep running Stars



*Mild Spoilers*

"Then why are you here?" "I'm here because it appears possible that I was wrong." "That's big of you," she snarls. "The way you're conceding it's possible that I'm not lying." She turns towards the door. "Thanks for stopping by. Come back if you'd like to tell me you think it's also possible that I don't deal drugs or poison children, and in the meantime, go fuck yourself."-Will and Olivia 

Hot coach/ student action Hell Yeah I'm all over that shit! Waking Olivia is my first taste of Elizabeth O'Roark's writing and I really loved it. This book gave me every dirty little thing I love in taboo, forbidden, angsty, student/ coach read and more. Olivia is awesome. She is so snarky and hard. Olivia's had a horrible life. Her past is haunting her causing her to sleep run, and ruining her chance to make it big as a college track star. Will is so sexy. He has that whole broody, angry, alpha, protective thing going for him. When he learns that Liv is sleep running he wants to be the one who saves her. Him helping her work through her sleep problems has them spending a lot of time together and has their already strong attraction growing. Lines get crossed, Olivia is the forbidden fruit that's just too tempting. With him trying his best to be ethical, and add in a bitchy girlfriend and you have the perfect angst storm. 

"Your mom is a nice woman," I tell Will in the car. "She'e the best," he agrees. "How'd you turn out to be such an asshole?" I grin. He rolls his eyes, but I can tell he wants to smile. "No one thinks that but you." "You sure about that?" He laughs. "Not entirely."-Olivia and Will 



"I'm fine." "Well, I'm not. We have lots of time to do this the right way." "Oh my God," I groan. "You're not going to do, like, candles and rose petals and shit, right? While you recite poetry, maybe play some slow jams on your guitar?" "I'm pretty sure there's some middle ground between being sensitive ponytail guy and the guy who fucks a girl as she's exiting the hospital."-Olivia and Will 
I felt the author did a great job of showing us who Will and Olivia really were. There was really good relationship and character development. I felt the chemistry between Olivia and Will almost from the start. There are two reasons I gave this book 4 stars instead of 5. 1)While I really liked Will and I understand his dilemma. I didn't like the fact that he had a girlfriend for a little over half the book. I wanted him to break up with Jessica sooner. 2) There was just too much push/pull. His need to do what he felt was right went on for far too long making him push Olivia away just a tad too much for my likings. I was really glad that when Will and Olivia did get together that Olivia's problems didn't just disappear. She still had to get help and I thought that was an important message. Love heals but it's ok to still need professional help. Will's mom Dorothy and brother Brendan were awesome side characters. They added something special to the story. I loved the ending it was just so sweet. Waking Olivia was a great read and I would recommend It to anyone who likes angsty, taboo, naughty, forbidden love! 

"We've now had sex in the shower and on a table," he says. "I think it's time we got really crazy and tried this thing called a bed." "I've heard of those," I reply, following him to the room. "They sound dangerous." He turns toward me with a grin that could only be described as predatory. "You have no idea."-Will and Olivia 




No comments:

Post a Comment