Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Piece by Piece

Book Review of Piece by Piece (Broken Pieces Series)


Title: Piece By Piece

Series: Broken Pieces Series


Author: Kelly Moore


Date Published: July 16th 2016


Date Read:    August 30, 2016


The Blurb:

After losing his leg when his plane crashed during the war, Steel closed himself off from everyone. He secluded himself in his fortress and was happy being a loner until his captain from the Air Force hires him for a rescue mission of a girl Steel once loved. He left her behind for his love of planes and now she is in trouble. Will Steel risk his way of life to help her and expose his greatest fear?


Adyson was once a sweet innocent girl in love with a man who chose a different way of life. Heartbroken, she seeks out someone that is nothing like Steel. She marries a man that becomes her worst nightmare. Now being hunted in the jungles of Guatemala by drug lords, she needs a way out.

She is stunned when Steel shows up as her rescuer. Their old heat reignites for one another. His insecurities hold him back, but he craves her like no one else. Her secrets may very well kill them both. The question becomes who rescues whom?

My Review


4 All your shades of blue stars


Wow what can I say.... I am so happy I requested this book. I have never read Kelly Moore before but I will be reading a lot more of her. Piece by Piece is the 3rd book in the Broken Pieces series and can easily be read as a standalone. I liked this book and all the characters in it so much, that I totally plan of going back and reading the first two books. I really liked Steel. He was broody, sexy, could be playful and charming. He could also sometimes be a jerk but a charming jerk. If you follow my reviews you know I have a thing for Military men ex or not. And I also have a thing for damaged, scarred, pained souls. So the fact that Steel was Air Force, lost a leg, and was hurting just made him like crack for me! What really surprised me though was that Ady stole the show for me. As much as I liked Steel Ady was just awesome. She was so strong, proud, brave, and sassy as hell. I loved that she wanted Steel and she went after him. She didn't let him feel sorry for himself. She got him to open up and let her in. I loved their relationship. They had some great chemistry. I enjoyed the flow of the story and I really liked the plot. Steel's brother Syn and Cousin Gray were both very charming in their own way. I can't wait for their books. I am dying to get my hand on Gray's book after this book gave us her back story. Please Kelly Moore don't make us wait long. I need to know what happens with Gray! 



Overall a great read. I am so glad I found this author. Below I leave my favorite quote from the book:

"Um Heidi, is that a stateroom that you put our luggage in?" I point in the direction of the door she used when she disappeared with our duffel bags. She looks at me confused. "Yes, it is, Miss Cage. If you are tired I could entertain Mr. Nolan while you rest." "No, I'm not one bit tired, I just wanted to know where I could go fuck Mr. Nolan's brains out in private." I pat the cushioned seat next to Steel. "Unless, of course, you would like to watch."- Ady and Heide 




No comments:

Post a Comment