Thursday, August 18, 2016

Furious Rush

Book Review of Furious Rush 


Title: Furious Rush

Series: Unknown


Author: S.C. Stephens


Date Published: August 23rd 2016 


Date Read:    August 18, 2016


The Blurb:

For Mackenzie Cox, racing motorcycles is in her blood. Born into a family legacy, she's determined to show the world that she has inherited her father's talent in this male-dominated sport. The last thing Kenzie needs is to be antagonised by her rival team's newest rider, Hayden Hayes. Hayden, exceedingly arrogant and outrageously attractive, immediately gets under Kenzie's skin and she can't help but be distracted.

As Kenzie and Hayden push each other on the track, the electric energy between them off the track shifts into an intense - and strictly forbidden - attraction. The only rule between their two ultra-competitive teams is zero contact. Kenzie needs a win, and she also needs to stay away from Hayden. Unfortunately for her though, one thing has become all too clear: she can't.

Fuelled by passion, driven by desire, Hayden and Mackenzie both want to win more than anything else. Except for, maybe, each other. But anger, jealousy and extreme competitiveness aren't their only obstacles . . .


My Review



3 I have conflicting emotions about this book Stars



Some Spoilers 

I am confused as to how I feel about this book. So I gave it a middle ground 3 star rating. The first half of the book was slow starting, and dragged a little, but when it got going I really started to enjoy it. Then I started getting really angry over things some of the secondary characters were doing. Then the ending made me want to bash my kindle in with a hammer. 


Sooooooo Yeahhhh like I said conflicting emotions. I loved Hayden. He was loyal, sexy, charming, street smart with just a touch of bad boy. Kenzie I liked but it took me a while to warm to her. She was very uptight and at times she would come off as a bit of a bitch. But as the book goes on and you see all the pressure and stress she has I could see where she was coming from. Then by the half way mark after she fell in love with Hayden she changed. She loosened up, pulled the stick out of her butt, started breaking rules and lived a little. Which I really liked. Kenzie and Hayden made a cute couple. They had major sexual tension and lots of passion when they got together. S.C. Stephens can write some very hot, yummy, sex scenes. 



My biggest problem with this book was I hated Kenzie's dad, Keith, and Hookup. Those 3 asshats just kept ticking me off. Kenzie's Dad Jordan came off very selfish and uncaring. The things he did to Kenzie are unforgivable and I truly hated him. Keith and hookup were no better. The end of this book was kind of a shock to the system. I bet my mouth dropped open. Something happens that made me want to smash my kindle and add to that a ton of unfinished business and I am guessing there will be another book. Which of course I will be picking up because I have to know what happens. 







No comments:

Post a Comment