Friday, August 5, 2016

Hold Your Breath

Book Review of Hold Your Breath (Search and Rescue series)


Title: Hold Your Breath

Series: Search and Rescue Series


Author: Katie Ruggle


Date Published:April 5th 2016


Date Read:    July 31, 2016


The Blurb:

In the remote Rocky Mountains, lives depend on the Search & Rescue brotherhood. But in a place this far off the map, trust is hard to come by and secrets can be murder...


As the captain of Field County's ice rescue dive team, Callum Cook is driven to perfection. But when he meets new diver Louise "Lou" Sparks, all that hard-won order is obliterated in an instant. Lou is a hurricane. A walking disaster. And with her, he's never felt more alive...even if keeping her safe may just kill him.

Lou's new to the Rockies, intent on escaping her controlling ex, and she's determined to make it on her own terms...no matter how tempting Callum may be. But when a routine training exercise unearths a body, Lou and Callum find themselves thrust into a deadly game of cat and mouse with a killer who will stop at nothing to silence Lou-and prove that not even her new Search and Rescue family can keep her safe forever.
 

My Review


4.5 "I'm sick and tired of people trying to kill us!" 

Stars


Lou burst into tears. "I'm sick and tired of people trying to kill us!"

Wow this book was action packed. I really loved both Lou and Callum. They were so opposite it was funny. Callum was super structured, OCD, and very serious. Lou was funny as hell, playful, sassy, energetic, and chaotic. Them together was so much fun. It was like a chihuahua picking on a big grumpy bear. Even though there was a lot of action in this book there are a ton of funny moments too. I laughed a lot while reading this book. 

"Never mind. Have fun shopping. I'll see you soon." "Shopping? You make it sound like I'm picking out a purse or something." Rolling her eyes, Lou said, "Fine. Have fun on your ultramacho and manly errand, selecting and purchasing whatever gender-appropriate item you need."-Lou and Callum
Callum and Lou's relationship was a sweet slow burn. Even though I really loved Callum, Lou really made this book for me. Her personality was really fun to read. I liked Rob, Chris, and Ian and can't wait to get to know them more. I missed my George in this book. But I guess he can't be the star of all the books. Hold Your Breath was a great read, but it ends in a cliffy. Not a painful omg how will I live cliffy but I am glad that the other book is already out so I don't have to wait to see what is up with Ian!

"Prepared broth?" she repeated in a mock-appalled tone, replacing the lid. "Horrors!" He rolled his eyes at her, and she grinned. "You got that from me- the eye -rolling thing," she said proudly. "I'm so glad I'm corrupting you." "Do you want some soup or not?" "I don't know." She sighed. "I heard it was made with"-she lowered her voice to a scandalized whisper-"Prepared broth."-Lou and Callum



No comments:

Post a Comment