Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Hated

Book Review of Hated (Hearts of Stone Series)



Title:Hated


Series: Hearts Of Stone Series


Author: Christine Manzari


Date Published:   September 18th 2017


Date Read:   September 18th 2017


The Blurb:

Frankie DiGorgio has returned home for the summer to fix up and sell the home she grew up in. But when Frankie discovers Austin Stone is also back home and right next door, her summer suddenly seems more exciting than the motocross tracks she races on.


Four years ago, Austin was her best friend. Her first love. The only boy who saw more than just her rough edges.

But Austin left Frankie behind to perform in Las Vegas with his brother Dallas after winning Rising Stars. And Frankie didn’t wait around for him. Instead, she disappeared with no explanation and she hasn’t spoken to Austin since then.

Austin hates Frankie now.

Unfortunately, they’re next door neighbors again and Frankie and Austin can’t avoid each other anymore. With little more than bitterness, heartbreak, and secrets between them, they soon find themselves reverting to their childhood habits—prank wars. As Frankie and Austin’s past is put back together and old feelings resurface, they discover it’s a fine line between love and hate.

And the secrets Frankie has kept could cross the line right into hate.


My Review




                   3.5 Prank Wars Stars



Hated the 3rd book in the Hearts of Stone series and can be read as a stand alone as I didn't read any of the other books and I followed it just fine. I haven't read any books by Christine Manzari and I enjoyed her writing style. I love the friends to lovers, and second chance tropes and I got plenty of that in this book. I really liked both Frankie and Austin. I thought they made a cute couple. They were both a little immature at times but since they are young adults it could be overlooked. I laughed so hard at their prank wars. I felt like the author gave us readers a good build up to Frankie and Austin relationship including their backstory. I only had two little problems with this book were the secret that Frankie kept from Austin for so long and Austin's mom. Though the secret and Frankie's age were understandable I hate when there is a secret in a book that last almost the whole book. If Frankie had been up front sooner in the book I would have enjoyed it more. I hated Austin's mom. I mean I hated her guts, and I felt she needed to be punished for being a horrible human being. I needed some karmic payback! Still this was an enjoyable read.




No comments:

Post a Comment