Friday, March 2, 2018

Burning Skies

Book Review of Burning Skies (Guardians Of Ascension Series)



Title: Burning Skies


Series: Guardians Of Ascension Series


Author: Caris Roane


Date Published:  April 26th 2011


Date Read:  June 16, 2014 


The Blurb:

Enter a hidden world of winged vampire warriors -- bound by duty to protect humankind, and sworn to fight for the women they love....


THE HUNGER WITHIN

A vampire warrior in exile, Marcus Amargi resists the call to return to the ranks of the Guardians who fight the death vamp armies. Here on Mortal Earth, Marcus has another battle on his hands -- the seductive lure of Havily Morgan. The woman meant for him. Whose blood he craves. The one who comes to him in dreams -- and demands his surrender...

THE FIRE UNLEASHED

A beautiful immortal with extraordinary powers, Havily lives in the realm of Second Earth but, in her fantasies, yearns for her winged lover Marcus. Soon, their bond will be put to the ultimate test. When their bloodthirsty enemies set the night on fire with sky-blazing weapons, Marcus and Havily must unite body and soul, to unleash the full power of their passion -- and fight fire with fire...
 

My Review




*Spoilers*

I am giving it 3.5 stars..... It is just a lit bit better than the first but again could use some editing of 50 or more pages things got a little redundant especially the whole honeysuckle and fennel thing I get it he smells like fennel she smells of honeysuckle for God's sake does it have to be on every page. Also Havily cries a lot too not as much as Alison(I don't think anyone cries as much as Alison) but really what is with the criers! There is parts where crying makes since like I didn't mind when Marcus had some man tears because Havily was taken by Crace!!! Btw Marcus Hott sex lol for real its what made the book better love the whole caveman thing!!!! I also liked how Kerrick stepped up and was there for Marcus when Marcus was a dick to him for the last two hundred years. I love that they made up and are bros again. I liked Havily's and Marcus's characters although I would have liked it more had they not Fought against the breh-hedden so much! The weeping wing locks where kinda of ewww to me just sayin. I am not really looking forward to reading the next book not because I don't like the series because the I like the series don't love it but I like it but I don't like Parisa at all from this book maybe she can redeem herself in the next but I am not getting my hopes up! She is coward of the worst kind your friend is taken and you refuse to help when you can all she does is whine about not wanting to Ascend to much war to much I don't want a warrior for a man he will die, everything is so scary!!! I just wanted to shake the crap outta her like she can just go back to earth I am sure that Greaves won't kill your ass!



What I wanna do to Parisa lol



No comments:

Post a Comment