Sunday, March 4, 2018

What a Highlander's Got To Do

Book Review of What a Highlander's Got To Do (Untamed Highlanders Series)



Title: What a Highlander's Got To Do 


Series: Untamed Highlanders Series


Author: Sabrina York


Date Published:  March 6th 2018


Date Read: March 3rd 2018


The Blurb:Isobel Dounreay Lochlannach is a fierce and independent Scots lass. She has no intention to marry—to submit to a man—especially not an Englishman.


But when she meets a devilish stable lad on the way to London, she can’t help but sneak a kiss with the handsome stranger, sure to never see him again.

Nick Wyeth is not a stable lad. He’s Viscount Stirling, and heir to one of the most powerful dukes in the realm. If their indiscretion is discovered, Isobel will be forced to marry him, to succumb to a fate she has always spurned. Nick wants nothing but to call this wild Scottish lass his own, and is determined to show her how an English Viscount can make her swoon, and be his forever.

My Review



4 Half Scottish Stars



What a Highlander's Got to Do, was my first book by Sabrina York and I loved it! I am so glad I got this book from Netgalley, (on a whim because the cover was sexy) because I fell in love with the Untamed Highlanders world. This was the 5th book in the series, but can be read as a stand alone. I fell so in love with all of Isobel and Nick's family that I will be going back and reading all their books as well. Sabrina York's writing style was amazing. She really brought the characters to life. Nick was absolutely scrumptious. He was sexy, sweet, playful, and protective. He loved Isobel just as she was. He fell hard for her and he pursued her like the 1/2 Scottish beast he was. Isobel was very likable. Headstrong, stubborn, wild and independent to the point of reckless at times, Isobel made laugh, smile and want to shake some sense into her in equal measures. 



Nick and Isobel had combustible passion. They made a really cute couple, and I was totally invested in their relationship. This book was a 5 star read for me, until Isobel did something stupid and made me want to rip my hair out. I could overlook it for the most part because she was so likable, but it dimmed my enjoyment of this book a tad. Still this was a good 4 star read for me. There was so much Scottish fun in this book. Cute wild Scottish children, sexy Scottish men and Sweet loving couples. I laughed and smiled a lot while reading. I fell in love with not only the main couple but the secondary characters as well. Sabrina York has a new fangirl. Now I have to go buy the secondary character's books so I can enjoy all their stories too!




3 comments:

  1. Jessica, your review was so much fun!!!! Thank you for not just reading and reviewing, but making your review so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that you had a blog!!! Holy crap...I will be over here all the time hehe

    Loved your review of this one. I have read the first three books in the series, and LOVED them so much. I can't wait to get my greedy hands on this one.

    ReplyDelete