Monday, December 17, 2018

Rough Trade

Book Review of Rough Trade (The Woodbury Boys Series)




Title:Rough Trade


Series: The Woodbury Boys Series


Author: Sidney Bell


Date Published:  December 3rd 2018


Date Read: December 16, 2018 


The Blurb:


Quick-witted hustler Ghost is no stranger to living dangerously; survival has always been the name of the game.

He’s just always gone it alone.

Now he’s got the wrong people breathing down his neck, and the only way out demands placing his trust in the unlikeliest of heroes: Duncan Rook, a gruff cop whose ethics are as solid as his body.

Cozying up to a criminal is hardly what Duncan’s reputation on the force needs—especially when that criminal is temptation personified. Ghost is Duncan’s polar opposite, and the last person he expected to fall for.

So then why does every imaginable scenario for taking down their common enemy end with Ghost in his arms?
 


My Review




4 Ghost Stars



Omg Okay so I didn't read the other 2 books in this series. Now this book can be read as a standalone, but you can tell it's part of a series. I felt like I missed some "getting to know" Ghost moments by not reading the first two books. Still it didn't take me long to fall in love with Ghost. My heart broke for him and all his went through. Some of the things in this book were ugly, raw, and hard to read. Selling sex to survive as a teen, the hunger, abuse, betrayal, just everything!!! It tore my heart out. Ghost had dark issues and I love that the author didn't gloss over them. Duncan took a little longer to warm up to for me, but in the end I loved him too. Not as much as Ghost but..... Duncan and Ghost had a really slow burn relationship. Which was understandable with trust issues and past demons. Plus it really gave depth to Duncan and Ghost's love. I did however take a star off because I would have liked a little more steam between them. Just a tad! Still this book was a great and emotional read with lots of action. This was my first time reading anything by Sidney Bell but it won't be my last. I plan on going back and reading the first two books in this series too. 





No comments:

Post a Comment