Sunday, January 27, 2019

The Outlaw's Mail Order Bride

Book Review of The Outlaw's Mail Order Bride (Outlaw Mail Order Brides Series)




Title:The Outlaw's Mail Order Bride


Series: Outlaw Mail Order Brides Series


Author: Linda Broday


Date Published:  January 29 th 2019


Date Read: January 27, 2019


The Blurb:


When the West was wild
And man's law favored the few
These extraordinary women could be found...in the heart of an outlaw.


Former outlaw Clay Colby is abuzz with his mail order bride's expected arrival. He's fought long and hard to drag Devil's Crossing out of lawlessness...so when his homestead is set ablaze by a bitter rival, he's heartbroken. There's no woman in the world who'd stand by him now.

But Talley Shannon is no ordinary woman.

After escaping the psychiatric hospital in which she was wrongfully detained, Tally only wants someone to protect her and the little girl under her care. She doesn't mind that Clay's home is dang near burned to the ground--not when he makes her feel so safe. So cherished. But it's only a matter of time before the ghosts of her past come calling...and her loving cowboy must defend his new bride--and the family they built together--to his very last breath.
 

My Review




4.5 Mondays Stars



The Outlaw's Mail Order Bride was my first time reading Linda Broday and I loved it. Linda Broday has been on my TBR list for a while now and I can't believe I waited so long to read one of her books. This book has some of my favorites in it. You got the mail order bride, the reformed bad boy, cute children, and the villains got their comeuppances! When it comes to historical romance early American Western historical is my favorite. It is also the one genre that is hard to find good authors in. Well I am happy to say I just found another. Linda Broday will be another go to when it come to Western historical romances.



Clay was such a good guy. Don't get me wrong he wasn't perfect, but that made him a better hero in my book. Also he had no problem saying sorry. I love when a man can admit to being wrong. I loved how he didn't bat a eye about taking in a little blind girl and making her his daughter. Clay was supportive, sweet, and understanding. He worked so hard to make a good life for his fellow reformed outlaws, his wife, daughter and himself. I totally fell in love with Clay. Tally was equally amazing. I love strong brave heroines and Tally was all that and more. Tally had such spirit. My heart broke for the things she lived through. She had fear and a good reason to be fearful but she fought with everything she had. She also went out of her way to help others. She was the perfect wife for Clay.



Clay and Tally's relationship felt strong and real. The reason for this is because the author did a great job of really building up their connection. There was tons of character and relationship development. And not just with the main couple. The secondary characters were amazing too. I became attached to the other ex outlaws, I fell in love with Dr Mary, and I even had a soft spot for Rebel. On top of great character build up there was a great plot too. I loved that I felt like I was transformed back to the wild west. I loved that the bad guys really got what they deserved and I loved that I got so invested in the characters that I can't wait to read each of their HEA. This was a great find and I'm so glad I read it!





No comments:

Post a Comment