Monday, March 25, 2019

Logan's Lady

Book Review of Logan's Lady 


Title:Logan's Lady


Series: Novel


Author: Rosanne Bittner


Date Published:  March 26th 2019 


Date Read: March 26th 2019 


The Blurb:


Two worlds in conflict

Two hearts intertwined
One love worth fighting for


Wealthy Englishwoman Lady Elizabeth Baylor longs for adventure. She leaves for America full of hope, only to lose everything to a villain hiding treachery behind his smile. Lost in this strange and lawless land, Elizabeth vows to track down the man who did her wrong...but she can't do it alone. What she needs is someone hardened by the west and unflinching toward its dangers: notorious bounty hunter Logan Best.

Ill-mannered and seemingly ruthless, Logan exorcises his dark past by throwing himself into his vengeful profession—hunting wanted men. There's nothing about the pampered Englishwoman that should call to him, and yet as their adventure takes them across the wild and treacherous west, he realizes he'll do anything to keep her safe...and defend his Lady to his final breath.

My Review



4.5 Logan's Pioneer Princess Stars




Wow this was my first book by Rosanne Bittner and I really loved it. How the hell have I never heard of Rosanne Bittner before? I truly can't believe this is was the first time reading RB. I'm always looking for good Western Historical Romance authors, and God knows they are few and far between. I'm so glad I seen this book on Netgalley, and gave it a try. You can bet I'm gonna go back and read other books by RB. Logan's Lady was a wild west ride with lots of action, strong women, hard working men, and one hell of a sexy cowboy. 




Logan was so delicious. He had the super sad troubled past, and the scarred soul that would make any woman want to heal his wounds. He was rugged, brave, and a protector of women and children. Top that off with his alpha ways, his kick ass gun skills, and cowboy charms, and you have one panty melting cowboy. His past was ugly, and my heart broke for him, but I love how he handled his pain. Hunting down bad guys more dead than alive! Elizabeth was very naive, a rich Lady from England with big dreams of freedom in America. Though she was book smart, strong willed and brave she had a lot to learn about the real world. She lost so much on her trek to America, but she grew so much in this book. I loved that she was honest and spoke her mind and I really liked that she didn't play silly games. Logan and Elizabeth were total opposites, but they complemented each other well. Their relationship was a slow burn, but when it happened was worth the wait. 



I loved that this book had a lot of meat. There was plenty of character development and I got good sense of who Logan and Elizabeth were, and I connected with them. I loved them together and once Logan fell in love with Elizabeth he was all in. This book kept me glued to it. Never was I bored. This book didn't paint a cute easy picture of life in early America. The love that the story touched on the ugly and evil that happened, the lawlessness that hurt many people. This book really worked for me. The only reason it's a 4.5 stars and not 5 for me was it took to long for the hero and heroine to meet(over 30% on kindle) and I wanted that sooner. Still a great book and I can't wait to read more from this author. I am hoping she writes more in this world maybe we can get to see how Logan and Elizabeth are doing setting down. 





No comments:

Post a Comment