Saturday, January 4, 2020

Thick As Thieves

Book Review of Thick as Thieves  (Path To Love Series)


Title:  Thick as Thieves

Series: Paths To Love Series

Author: Grahame Claire

Date Published: January 9th 2020

Date Read: January 3th 2020

The Blurb:

Drew
I'm not as bad as they make me out to be . . . I'm worse.
Scoundrel.
Vindictive.
Manipulative liar.
I own every vile part of who I am.
My family thinks they can change me.
Nothing can fix my dark soul.
But what's thrown me off-kilter . . . she doesn't want to.

Sonya
Anyone who says being bad isn't fun isn't doing it right.
Chameleon.
Hustler.
Ghost.
I get what I want by being whoever I want.
And right now?
I need a place to hide.
Playing pretend is my specialty. Nobody knows the real me.
Except he sees exactly who I am.
It's not a matter of if he'll expose me . . . but when.


My Review



4 Peas in a pod Stars


I have loved the Paths to Loves series since book 1. Each book has wowed me, though Daniel and Carlos are my favorite. I always get excited whenever I get a new book from Grahame Claire, but this time I was a bit worried. Drew was such a jerk in past books. I couldn't stand him. All the bad things he did in all the other books omg . I just didn't know how Grahame Claire was going to redeem him. But I should have know They would make me fall in love with Drew and all his flaws.



Drew was unapologetically a bad boy. I loved that he didn't do a 360 and turn into a saint. He was a great anti-hero. The bad boy you hate to love. I could understand some of his choices. That didn't make them ok, but it helped me soften to him. Knowing where he was coming from. Knowing his feelings on things, his hurts, his anger. I connected with him. His lady love was such a bad girl herself. Sonya was a hustler. She also owned her bad girl ways. I loved that Drew never shamed Sonya for the bad things she did. He didn't try to change her. She also loved Drew as he was and didn't try to make him reform. Both Drew and Sonya had a good heart they just showed their bad side more. They were funny and cute as a couple. They were snapping on each other one minute and kissing the next. I really enjoyed their banter.



After the last book I had questions about Gabriel. I can't say too much without giving spoilers away but all my questions about the situation were resolved in this book. And they were done the way I had hope for. Loretta omg my heart broke. I may have had something in my eyes(I'm not crying... you're crying) it was hard to read the end of the book but it was really good too. Overall I really enjoyed this book. If you haven't tried this series yet I highly recommend it . Start with Daniel's book It's not over it's one of my favorites and Daniel is very yummy!





No comments:

Post a Comment