Monday, November 14, 2022

Dark Guardian

 Book Review of Dark Guardian


Title: Dark Guardian

Series: Dark Series

Author: Christine Feehan

Date Published: April 24, 2002

Date Read:  July 2012

The Blurb: 

They were masters of the darkness, searching through eternity for a mistress of the light....

He ran with the wolves...materialized from the mists...hijacked the very heavens to his whims.

He was the dark guardian of his people. So how, after centuries of a bleak, soulless existence had he, Lucian Daratrazanoff, suddenly come to crave petite, curvy, colorful lady cop Jaxon Montgomery, who foolishly made it her life's work to protect others from harm?

Fiercely daring, Jaxx would sacrifice anything to shield others-- particularly since a deadly menace dogged her every footstep, threatening all who got close to her. And strangely seductive, piercingly erotic Lucian was no exception. Lucian was powerfully, perilously mesmerizing--oddly gentle yet clearly a born predator. He had vowed to possess her, to guard her for all time. Yet with his every thirsty kiss, was he drawing Jaxon more deeply into danger . . . and his dark, mysterious desires?


My Review


5 Dark Angel Stars

First read July 2012 Reread January 26, 2016
Reread Feb 3, 2017
reread 11/21/2020

*Spoilers*


"I am your lifemate, young one. You have no idea what that means, and you are not Carpathian, so I expect a certain amount of resistance from you." Lucian rubbed his chin over the top of her head. "I promise you I will be as gentle and as patient as I can, but I cannot wait long for you. The emotions I am feeling do not tame the wild beast within me."-Lucian

Dark Guardian is the 9th book in the Dark series by Christine Feehan. This is Lucian Daratrazanoff and Jaxon Montgomery's book. Lucian is the older, darker one of the legendary twins, his people call him the Dark Angel. This book has an amazing prologue that gave an in depth look into both Lucian and Jaxon's history. The Prologue for Jaxon is just heartbreaking. It gave a good base for understanding all the pain and suffering Jaxon endured her whole life. It helped me to connect and sympathize with her.

"You are bad, Lucian. What am I going to do about you?" "Be with me. Live with me. Learn to love me. Accept me as I am," -Jaxon and Lucian



 

"You have a complete arsenal upstairs in your bedroom. I never saw so many weapons. It made me wonder just what type of woman I was getting myself involved with. There will be no shooting me when I come home this night, no unfortunate accidents, I trust,"-Lucian

Let me just say that there is just something about the Daratrazanoff brothers that just drives me wild. Every single one of them Gregori, Lucian , Darius, and Gabriel. They are so yummy I just want to lick them all. All kickass, arrogant, and dark mmm dayum they just do it for me. So every time I get a book with them in it, it puts me in my happy zone. In my mind I know they are fictional characters, but in my heart they are real and I wanna collect them all.


"That's it! I've had it with you. You don't even seem to know what you've done. You show no remorse at all. I'm the one who has to do all the compromising, except there is no compromise. You simply decide I'm going to do something, and then I do it. And it hurt like hell!"-Jaxon


"I know everything about you, and I am madly in love with you. Love is not even a strong enough word for the way I feel about you. Take the time to get to know me, Jaxon. Try for me, angel. Just try."-Lucian

Lucian is everything I wanted and more. He is charming, sexy, smart, sweet, and totally badass. Lucian takes his time to get to know his lifemate, and does everything he can to make her happy. Lucian accepts Jaxon for the fighter she is and doesn't try to change her and I love that. Jaxon has had one hell of a life. She wants Lucian but she is scared to lose him the way she has lost everyone she has ever gotten closed to. Jaxon is a fighter, but she has an emotional vulnerability that is endearing. Jaxon is very protective, and uses humor to help when she fears, or can't deal with something. Jaxon also kicks some major ass. I love that Jaxon and Lucian are a true team. I think all the female lifemates should know how to fight even if they never use it, just in case. Lucian and Jaxon's relationship is a slow burn because Lucian gives Jaxon time, but when it catches fire it's an inferno.

"They call you that? The dark angel of death'? How can they be so terrible when you've given them so much? What right do they have to judge you?"-Jaxon


A vampire would never expect a woman to participate in a battle, angel. It is not done. Our women are filled with compassion, not with a penchant for violence. She wanted to stay irritated but found herself laughing instead. Then he 's in for a surprise, huh? But you think I have a penchant for violence? I've been incredibly sweet natured, while you've been arrogant and impossible . You do not understand the difference between arrogance and confidence, but I will teach it to you. I can't wait for the lesson.-Lucian and Jaxon

I love this book. The ending is so sweet. Although I would have like to have got to see Lucian meet his brothers, and sister. I mean I am glad it says that they are meeting up and all but I would have like to read the family reunion. Great read I can't wait to read the next one!

"I love this, Lucian. I really do. Every single moment with you."-Jaxon





No comments:

Post a Comment