Sunday, November 20, 2022

Dark Symphony

 Book Review of Dark Symphony


Title: Dark Symphony

Series: Dark Series

Author: Christine Feehan

Date Published: February 25, 2003

Date Read:  July 2012

The Blurb: 

Blinded and scarred in a terrible accident, Antonietta Scarletti made music that thrilled the world with its beauty and passion. Descended from a long line of psychics, Antoinetta has learned to rely on her other senses to “see” the world around her, but nothing could have prepared her for Byron. He came to her, drawn by her music, and became her secret obsession. Others fear him, sensing that he is dangerous—a predator—but for Antonietta he is her ultimate fantasy, her dream lover. He woos her with kisses full of erotic allure, whispering that she is his light, his salvation. Byron has waited an eternity for her, and he will let nothing stand between him and the woman born to be his lifemate...

My Review


4 Family Stars


 First read July 2012 Reread January 30, 2016


Spoilers


I knew it the first time I heard your voice. I could just sit and listen to you forever. And after you leave, I hear the music playing in my head and through my body, and I know it's your music. It belongs to you more than it belongs to me.-Antoinetta

Dark Symphony the 10th book in the Dark series by Christine Feehan was a nice change of pace. There wasn't any vampire's or vampire hunts. In this book Byron finds his lifemate, Antoinetta Scarletti, a famous musician. What this book lacked in vampires it made up in family drama. Family can't live with them, can't get rid of them! Dark Symphony almost had a clue (the game clue) like feel to it. Someone is trying to kill off Antoinetta and her grandfather. The whole time I was reading this book I was like it was Professor Plum in the Study with the Poison lol.

"In my language, in my people's world, we refer to our other half as lifemate. Unlike the Jaguar, we mate for life and beyond. Not for momentary pleasure. We consider the art of making love and keeping our mate happy to be a lifelong commitment."-Byron



"I thought your work was taking care of me." Under cover of the nearest piece of furniture, Byron pressed her open hand to the front of his slacks. He was already as hard as a rock. Antonietta rubbed her palm over the thick bulge. "Poor bambino, so neglected. If you didn't keep running off to leave me to sleep alone, I might have more sympathy for you." Her fingers danced over the rigid length of him, a tantalizing promise. Her teeth nibbled on his chin. "As it is, I have... none."-Byron and Antonietta

I liked Byron. I enjoyed that he courted his lifemate for months. He gave her a choice on becoming like him. He respected her and he was very sweet. He took his time and was good to her and her family. So I have to be honest when I say I feel Byron got a little jipped when it came to his lifemate Antoinetta. Just sayin'! Antoinetta was older, with grey streaks in her hair, blind with scars on her face and around her eyes, fuller figured, and she has taken a number of lovers. Now don't get me wrong I liked Antoinetta, but really did she have to think of and bring up the fact that she has had other lovers to Byron. Antoinetta was likable and she had her sweet moments but it kinda bugged me that she just planned to take Byron as a lover and then get rid of him too.

"Do I feel afraid? I need this as much as you need it. I ache for you, Byron. I think about you every minute I'm awake. I want to know everything about you. I want to see what my life would be like. You're offering me things I can't fully comprehend."-Antonietta


"We will live in your house with your family. You will travel the world playing your music for people, and I will once again make art from the gems I call to me. Live your life with me. I cannot bear to be without you. lifemates are for eternity, Antonietta. We can be married in the way of your people and live and seem to age. At times we may have to go away, but we will always return if that is your wish."-Byron

At the half way point their relationship picked up and Antoinetta grew on me. Her and Byron did have a lot of passion and there was a maturity to their relationship that was nice. Almost all the drama in this book centered around Antoinetta's annoying family and my GOD her family was something. I wanted to slap her cousin Tasha so many times I lost count. I did love her grandpa Don he was a cutie. I loved Josef in this book. The things he did had me laughing so hard. The rap for Prince Mikhail...... PRICELESS!! I would love to someday see Josef get his own book, because he is so different and eccentric I would love to see what kind of lifemate he would get! A good read and a nice addition to the series.

Jacques suddenly laughed. "I will never forget his performance in front of my brother. It was all I could do not to fall down laughing watching Mikhail's face when Josef sang his rendition of rap." Vlad covered his face. "Do not remind me." Byron nudged Jacques. "Antonietta has a sound room. I bet we could persuade Josef to cut an entire rap CD for Mikhail. I would not mind a copy for myself, just to put on every once in a while to watch Antonietta's face when she hears his lyrics." "A brilliant idea," Jacques agreed. "Just the thing for that brother of mine." "Byron! Jacques!" Eleanor was horrified. "Do not dare encourage Josef."-Jacques, Vlad, Byron, Eleanor

No comments:

Post a Comment