Thursday, April 30, 2015

Filmed

                 Book Review of Filmed


Title:  Filmed

Series: No Series.  Novel

Author: B.B. Hamel

Date Published: May 15th, 2015

Date Read:  April 30, 2015

The Blurb:Noah Carterson is a bad person. 

At least, that’s what he wants me to think. But my life isn’t a movie, and nothing is that simple.

He’s definitely arrogant, filthy, an a**hole, and sexy as hell. He has a player reputation, and I'm pretty sure it's well deserved.

And the fact that Noah's father tried to ruin my mom’s life makes things complicated. Our families are practically at war, and his super intense dad will do anything to keep him in line.

When I get a job at the brand new campus movie theater, I find myself getting closer to Noah than I ever thought possible. He practically runs the place, and everyone that works there has a story about him. I can’t tell if I hate the sight of his confident smile, or if I want him to do all the dirty things he whispers in my ear in the darkness of the empty theater.

Before, I never wondered what kind of person I am. But with Noah’s camera running, I’ll have to decide what makes someone good or bad before the film runs out.

This title contains mature content (explicit sexual situations and mature language), and is recommended for audiences 18+.


My Review





                     3.5 Polka Dots Stars







This is my first time reading B.B. Hamel, and I like her writing style. I liked this book, it was a good read. My one and only problem with this book; the reason I didn't rate it higher than a 3.5 stars is all because of the heroine, Linda! She drove me crazy almost the whole book. 

What the book is about 
Linda is in college , she bumps into this super hot guy , named Noah. Like literally bumped into him and fell on her butt flashing her polka dot panties at him. She has a huge crush on Noah , but he is such a asshole and man whore that she doesn't know why she likes him so much. Sometimes she thinks there might be more to him, and that under it all he is a good guy at heart. Add the fact that her mother and his father hate each other , there is just no way they can be together, Right?


I loved Noah. I failed to see how he was an asshole at any point in the book. A manwhore, yes, Troubled yes, an asshole, nope! Noah had some daddy issues, and he partied and slept around as his way of dealing (all before he met Linda). He is cocky, playful and sexy. When Noah meets Linda he goes out of his way to get to know her, and he doesn't try to rush her to sleep with him before she is ready. He is honest with her and open. Noah saved the book for me . 

Linda annoyed the piss outta me! I found her super immature, judgmental, and at times she was the asshole. She whined almost the whole book about what an asshole and jerk Noah was. Why? Because he called her Polka dots. I thought that was cute. She was the one who listened to all the rumors about him, jumped to conclusions about who he was and judged him without getting to know the real him. She goes off on him a few time, blows him off saying she will go on a date with him and then runs home without telling him why or bye for no good reason, and acts like the jerk she accuses him of being!



Linda did grow up a little towards the end. Even with me feeling no connection to Linda and disliking her, this book was still a good solid 3.5 stars. The plot was cute, Noah was super sexy, and when Linda and Noah got together it was smokin' hot! I would still Recommend this book because it was a enjoyable read. I will try other books by this author!






No comments:

Post a Comment