Thursday, April 20, 2017

Dark Notes

Book Review of Dark Notes



Title: Dark Notes

Series: Novel


Author: Pam Godwin


Date Published:  June 29th 2010


Date Read:   April 6th 2016


The Blurb:

They call me a slut. Maybe I am.

Sometimes I do things I despise.
Sometimes men take without asking.

But I have a musical gift, only a year left of high school, and a plan.
With one obstacle.

Emeric Marceaux doesn’t just take.
He seizes my will power and bangs it like a dark note.
When he commands me to play, I want to give him everything.
I kneel for his punishments, tremble for his touch, and risk it all for our stolen moments.

He’s my obsession, my master, my music.
And my teacher.


My Review




   5 “I’m fucking my teacher.” Stars



It’s universally known that the more forbidden something is, the more desirable it becomes.-Emeric



Spoilers

Wow this book was amazing. Dark Notes by Pam Godwin has been on my radar for a while now, but I have been putting it off until I got in a dark read kind of mood. See I love me some Dark reads but I have to be in the right mood for them. But now that I read this book I wish I wouldn't have waited so damn long. It wasn't nearly as dark as I thought it was going to be. Don't get me wrong it's dark. About a 6 or 7 on a dark scale of 1-10, 10 being the darkest, but I have read darker. I really enjoyed Pam Godwin's writing style. She captivated me from the start and made me fall in love with the main couple. Besides being a darker read it was a taboo read. You have a forbidden teacher/student love. The hero is 27 the heroine is 17. Very naughty and right up my alley!

“I can’t stay away.” Another drugging kiss. “I want you.” He nibbles my lower lip, licks just inside the seam, then rests his forehead against mine. “You make me want things I can’t have.”-Emeric 

**************************************************************************

“It’s against the law. You’re my teacher!” “You’re my girl.” He lazily swipes the screen on his phone. “That’s the only law you need to worry about.” What? My head hammers. “You’re insane.” “You’re mine.” “What if someone finds out?” He scrolls through his email, not a care in the world. “My problem.”-Ivory and Emeric 

Emeric was extremely sexy. I loved his over the top protectiveness. The way he loved and took care of Ivory. He was all dominant, but was still supportive, comforting and sweet. He was also a bad bad boy! A kinky, naughty teacher tasting the forbidden fruit. I loved that he knew she was worth everything. He didn't fight his feelings long. She was his and he would have her period! I love that shit!!!! Emeric was like her Dark knight he comes and he saves her and then spanks her. Ivory has had a shitty life ever since her dad died. Abused by her mother, brother and raped repeatedly. Ivory does what she has to, in order to survive. She has a plan and she is going to overcome. She may have been beaten down many times but she was so strong and it shined through the pages. 

“You’re sort of charming when you get all serious and bossy.” She lowers her chin and deepens her voice. “Like I’m the man, laying down the law, and this is how it’s going to be.”Cute. I shake my head, fighting back a grin. She tightens her fingers against my scalp and moves her mouth a hair’s width away. “But I have my own mind and voice, and you’re going to hear it whenever and however I want.”-Ivory 



“You need to stop giving me those eyes.” “What eyes?” A smile teases his lips. “The ones that say…” I deepen my voice. “Come here, Miss Westbrook. Look at me, Miss Westbrook. On your knees—” He surges up with a roguish grin on his face. I roll out of reach, my mocking tone tumbling into laughter. “Suck my cock, Miss Westbrook.”-Ivory and Emeric 

There was some major sexual tension in this book. I'm a sucker for the whole student/teacher love stories. Emeric and Ivory had major chemistry. The heat was rising from my kindle because not only is there the whole taboo age/teacher/student thing going on in this book, but Emeric is all Dom and there is a generous sprinkling of bdsm kinkery too. Their relationship wasn't all kink though. This book didn't just have sex scene after sex scene filler there was a nice relationship build up. They don't even have full on sex until like the 80% mark. They also have a supportive, sweet, loving, and playful relationship. They don't judge each other. For a dark book I found myself laughing a lot. Like the part where she throws the marker at Emeric and it bounces off his forehead and leaves a mark, I could actually picture it in my head. 

“Ah, fuck.” The headboard groans in his grip. “Look at you.” I open my eyes and collide with his, a smile pulling at my cheeks. “I’m fucking my teacher.” “Jesus Christ, Ivory.” His biceps flex above his head, his thighs hardening beneath me. “Give me your mouth.”-Emeric and Ivory 



Yes, I’m her teacher. Yes, I shove my cock in her, rigorously and with unadulterated depravity, morning and night. But the depth of my feelings for her goes so far beyond bullshit laws I really don’t give a fuck what anyone thinks.-Emeric 

I know some will have a problem with their ages, but I didn't. I also found that I really enjoyed the fact that Emeric's mom and dad were so supportive of him. They didn't look down on Ivory, didn't treat her bad. I loved that he could be 100% honest with them. I hated Ivory's mother, brother, and her brother's best friend Lorenzo. I read a few reviews where readers didn't like what happens with Lorenzo. Not me I was glad, I would have liked more pain, I know I can be a bit bloodthirsty, but I own that shit! I also felt her mom and brother didn't get their comeuppances and it really disappointed me. Just sayin' how they gonna get off after all the hell they put Ivory through. Emeric and Ivory's HEA was super sweet and well deserved. Overall I loved this book and can't wait to get my hands on more Pam Godwin books. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves dark, taboo, love. I would tell anyone who has issues with rape not to read this book, because this book get real rapey!

“We’re a timeless concerto.” I kiss his lips. “A musical masterpiece.” He drags his mouth across my jaw, his cock jerking inside me. “Like Scriabin’s ‘Black Mass?’” Too dissonant. I arch my neck for his lips. “I was thinking along the lines of Beethoven’s ‘Ode to Joy.’” “Lame.” He bites the skin beneath my ear. “We’re more like Van Halen’s ‘Hot For Teacher.’”-Ivory and Emeric 



No comments:

Post a Comment