Wednesday, April 26, 2017

The Baby Bombshell

Book Review of The Baby Bombshell (Shadow Creek Montana Series)



Title: The Baby Bombshell

Series: Shadow Creek Montana Series


Author: Victoria James


Date Published: April 10th 2017


Date Read:   April 24, 2016


The Blurb:

Lily Cookson has a few rules for the New Year, the most important being don't fall for Jack Bailey. The gorgeous, rugged man returned with a new look and a determination to win her back, catching her off guard. After a forbidden night in his arms, she vows never to let it happen again. But when morning sickness kicks in a few weeks later, Lily realizes staying away from Jack just got a whole lot harder. 


Jack Bailey left Shadow Creek behind five years ago when his world imploded around him, knowing it would be best for everyone if he was gone...including Lily. It took him a long time to get his life back on track and grow into the kind of man she needs him to be. Now he's determined to prove to Lily that he's back for good and ready to commit, but the secrets she's holding onto are nothing compared to the bombshell he drops...

My Review




4 Jack's Back Stars




Mild Spoilers


The Baby Bombshell is the the 2nd book in the Shadow Creek Montana series. It can be read as a stand alone. I didn't read the 1st book and I had no problem following the story. This book was very sweet. Even in the sad moments I couldn't help but smile at the characters in this story. They were all just so lovable and down to earth. Jack was very sweet. He knew he messed up and he was willing to do what ever it took to get the love of his life Lily back. I could understand Jack's pain. He suffered a great loss. I was upset that he was gone for 5 years without saying anything to Lily, but I was so glad that he was faithful to her the whole 5 years. He did other sweet things too while gone that really helped me forgive him. Lily was so relatable. I could feel her pain, her love for Jack and her fear. My heart broke for all the pain she went through when Jack up and left. I loved both Jack and Lily together. Their relationship had a nice build up. No insta forgive and forget. Jack had to earn her trust back. I also loved Jack's whole family. His sister Gwen was funny and very likable. So was his ex-sister n law and his best friend who's love story is in book 1. Now I kinda want to go back and read their book too. The ending of this book was very sweet but more of an HFN than a HEA. I am looking forward to more books by Victoria James. 






No comments:

Post a Comment