Sunday, June 5, 2016

Falling Completely

Book Review of Falling Completely (Starling Falls series)


Title: Falling Completely

Series: Starling Falls Series

Author: Aidan Willows

Date Published:January 14th 2016

Date Read:    June 3rd  2016

The Blurb:

MALIYA


Falling in love is not for me. I don’t do relationships, they never end well.
I don’t believe in fate, soul mates or happy, fairy tale endings. I’m definitely not a sweet little princess in search of her prince. 
I have a plan to follow and falling in love is not part of that plan.
Nothing is going to change my mind.
Not even a domineering, gorgeous, blue-eyed firefighter who seems to be everywhere I go.

CALEB

The moment I saw her, I knew.
I knew the funny, curvy, raven haired beauty was supposed to be mine.
She may not agree with me at the moment, but I’m a patient man.
I’m not afraid to play dirty to get what I want.
And I want Maliya Abbott.

When her sister decides to move from London, across the Atlantic Ocean to Starling Falls to run an estranged relative’s bakery, Maliya Abbott is pretty sure her sister has lost her ever-loving mind. 

Not wanting to be separated from the only family she has left, Maliya goes with her, a move that was only supposed to last a year. After all, training to be a doctor at the same University her parents did had always been her goal. 
What she hadn’t planned on, was meeting Caleb Jameson. A man who is adamant they are destined to be together. That would be great, if she actually believed in any of that crap. 

She also hadn’t planned on his insane, lovable, meddling family trying to derail her plans.

Maliya is a smart girl. She knows what she wants and what she doesn’t want. She definitely wants to go to Oxford University and train to become a doctor. She definitely does NOT want anything to do with Caleb Jameson. 

Now, if only she could get her stupid heart to listen to her head.


My Review



3 I loved the Hero Stars



* Spoilers*

* Spoilers*
So this book was just an Okay read for me. I am totally the minority here as all my friends loved it. I would have 5 stared the shit outta this book if it didn't have one of my biggest pet peeves in it taking away from my enjoyment. There was a lot of funny parts that made me laugh, some super sexy parts, and some sweet parts too. But this book had one major point of frustration for me. See my biggest pet peeve next to cheating is major cowardly behavior. Nothing ruins a book for me more than a huge coward. I understand being afraid. Everyone has fears, but when the entire basis of a book is the irrational fear of the hero or heroine( in this book the heroine) causing them to push the other away the whole read like a coward hurting the one they love over and over again it straight infuriates me. That normally ruins a book for me so bad that I almost always ends up giving it a 1 or 2 star, but this book had enough funny and sweet moments that it was still a pretty good read even with the heroine making me want to commit bodily harm to her and that is saying a lot!


I really liked Caleb a lot. I thought he was sexy. Hello he is a firefighter! Men in uniforms yummy! He was also this possessive, sweet, dirty talker. He really helped save the book for me. I really liked how he didn't take no for an answer. Liya was okay for me. She had her good moments in which she was sassy, and funny. But she drove me bat shit crazy with her cowardly behavior. I wanted to shake her and beat her half the time. It made me so mad how she constantly hurt Caleb over some stupid irrational fear. I mean damn girl everyone has had some kind of shit happen in their lives get the hell over it already. I could have probably gotten over it had she pushed him away just once or even the second time, but the third time...... After he had a horrible day at work. After he shows up at her house crying because he had tried to save some people in a wreck and they died. She took him in made love to him. Made him think they were back together and then tells him the next morning that was a goodbye fuck nope. I was pretty much done with her ass at that point. She didn't deserve Caleb after that. 


That all being said I loved Caleb's family. They were amazing. They really added something special to the book. I really hope they all get their own books because I am wanting to see them all get their HEA especially Nate and Alex. I also really liked Mik(Caleb's best friend) I really would like him to get his own book too, maybe where he is paired with Caleb's sister God that would make for a cute couple!! While this book was only an okay read for me that isn't because of anything but personal pet peeves. I think this book was well written, funny, and cute I just didn't like the crap that Liya pulled. I would still recommend this to most of my friend as I know most romance readers would love this book! I will continue reading the series. 




No comments:

Post a Comment