Saturday, June 25, 2016

I Knew You Were Trouble

Book Review of I Knew You Were Trouble (Texas Kings series)



Title: I Knew You Were Trouble


Series: Texas Kings Series


Author: Soraya Lane


Date Published:June 28th 2016


Date Read:    June 23rd 2016


The Blurb:

Faith Mendes needs to get her life in order and get a job--yesterday. Thankfully, the live-in house-keeper position at the King brothers' ranch is up for grabs. Problem is, she'd be working with her old childhood crush, Nate King. He's sexy, wealthy, and his Texas-sized charms are legendary...and, clearly, impossible to resist.


Nate never thought twice about his best friend's little sister. Back then, Faith was off-limits. But now that she's all grown up, Nate's whole world has turned upside-down. Razor-sharp, down-to-earth, and hotter-than-heck, Faith is everything Nate has ever dreamed of in a woman...and maybe even in a wife. But Faith has loved and lost enough already to risk it all on another known bad-boy. How can Nate convince her that he is the real deal--and that he's ready to rein it in and never look back?

My Review




1 Thank God it's over Stars


Spoilers

Damn this book was painful for me. Every minute torture! It took all my OCD willpower to get through with this book. Everything about this book rubbed me wrong Everything! I have only read a few books that have ever made me feel that way. I didn't like anything about this book at all. I found myself bored and or annoyed the whole book. I didn't like the hero. I didn't like the heroine. I didn't like the side characters. I didn't like the plot. I didn't like their relationship. I didn't like the writing style. I didn't like the dialogue. I didn't even like the sex in the book. I just didn't like anything. 


I thought the Hero Nate was superficial, shallow and a coward. He had no depth of personality. I didn't like or connect to him. Never once did I warm up to him. The Heroine Faith was the worst. She hit ever nerve I have. She was immature, wishy washy, boring, and a huge major coward. Her fear was so over the top with no real reason for it. Yes her mom walked out but she was so OTT about it that it didn't make sense to me. I really wanted to smash her face at times. She was such a baby. 



I just couldn't believe that both Nate and Faith were such cowards and cowardly behavior being my second biggest reading pet peeve just made for painful reading. I really came close to dnfing this book. I walked away twice, but of course stupid OCD pulled me back. God I didn't even like when he proposed to her towards the end. I was just rolling my eyes and praying for the end! Now I thank God it's over. I don't like giving one star ratings but when I can't think of one nice thing to say about a book when I can't think of one thing I even kinda liked it's the only rating I can honestly give. 





No comments:

Post a Comment