Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The Stolen Bride

Book Review of The Stolen Bride (Hope's Crossing series)



Title: The Stolen Bride


Series: Hope's Crossing Series


Author: Cynthia Woolf


Date Published: April 29th 2016


Date Read:    June 25th 2016


The Blurb:

Isabella “Bella” Latham's callous father sold her into marriage to settle a gambling debt. Rather than face life with a cruel man more than twice her age, she runs from New York and becomes a mail-order bride. Bella's dreams are simple. All she needs to be happy is a home, children and an honorable man to love her. 


Alex Hastings lost his wife in a riding accident two years before. Left with two adorable but mischievous twin four-year-old daughters, he's convinced they need a mother to take care of them. Alex knows he must marry, but vows he’ll never love another woman. 

Bella's tenderness and fire melts Alex's stone cold heart. But when her jilted fiancé from New York sends men to capture Bella, will Alex be able to get back his Stolen Bride? 

My Review



5 Getting over the past Stars


I don't know what it is about Cynthia Woolf but her books just do it for me. All her books seem to follow the same formula (Mail order bride, husband that is awesome but refuses to fall in love with new wife, something bad happens one of the MC is hurt and the husband realizes he loves wife, lots of babies HEA), but they all somehow feel uniquely different and never get boring.



Maybe I love her so much because she always gives me what I want. She is my happy zone. I know that when I pick up her books I will have a nice happy read. Whatever magic Cynthia Woolf weaves she did it again with The Stolen Bride. I loved this book. The start of the book really grabbed me. I loved both the hero and the heroine. 


Isabella was great. She was strong willed, but sweet. She was very loving. She knew what she wanted and she went for it. She didn't throw fits and yell she but she didn't give up. I love how she was with her step daughters. But I especially loved how she was when she trouble arises. She was very brave but not stupid. I loved Alex too. He was a widower that loved his late wife and he fought his love for Isabella. He was sweet, and sexy but he did annoy me a little with his constant need to talk about his dead wife to Isabella and or compare the two. I got over my annoyance however when he tells Bella he loves her more and stronger then he ever loved his late wife. 


The twin girls Vi and Rose were totally adorable and I loved when the family was together. I also really enjoyed the side love story of Bella's mom and dad. The bad guy in this one was creepier than in other books. I really hated him and was glad that he got his. The epilogue in this book was very sweet and gave me everything I want in a HEA. Their book was a entertaining, quick read that made me smile. I can't wait to pick up another CW book!




No comments:

Post a Comment