Sunday, June 26, 2016

The Replacement Bride

Book Review of The Replacement Bride (Hope's Crossing series)



Title: The Replacement Bride


Series: Hope's Crossing Series


Author: Cynthia Woolf


Date Published:March 30th 2016


Date Read:    June 25th 2016


The Blurb:

Jesse Donovan spent the last four years chasing gold, hoping to convince his New York fiancee to join him. He's now rich, successful, and eager for his wife-to-be to make the trip out west. But now that it's time to travel to Hope's Crossing and marry Jesse, the New York socialite sends him a letter informing him of her intention to marry another. Heartbroken and lonely, Jesse contacts Matchmaker & Co. for a mail order bride. 


Clarissa "Clare" Griggs is the eldest daughter of a poor farmer who is barely surviving off the land. At twenty-three, she is an old maid and a burden on her family. Clare knows what love looks like, and she wants a family of her own. Volunteering as a mail order bride seems to be the perfect answer to her dilemma. Her family will be better off, and she can find her own love story, happiness and finally become a mother. 

But Hope's Crossing isn't the ideal location that Jesse or Clare dreamed. A bitter rival is trying to kill Jesse and take his mine. Jesse's broken heart won't allow him to love Clare the way she needs, and Clare refuses to live with a man who doesn't love her. When the enemy threatens Clare's life, Jesse realizes Clare has become a part of him, a vital piece of his heart and soul -- but is he too late? 


My Review



4 Replacement stars


The Replacement Bride the 2nd book in the Hope's Crossing series was very good. I enjoyed it more then I did the first book. Cynthia Woolf is one of my favorite Mail order bride authors. Her books always put a smile on my face. I liked both Jesse and Clare. I felt they both had a great connection. I liked that Clare had sass. I will say that This book did feel a little rushed and I don't know why. It was 278 pages but it flew by. I really liked getting to see where the couple from book one Sam and Jo are now and how things are going with them. I loved the ending. It was such a sweet epilogue, but would expect no less from Cynthia Woolf. She always delivers big with her HEA. This was a great read and I can't wait to read the next book Alex and Bella's story. 




No comments:

Post a Comment