Friday, October 21, 2016

Going the Distance

Book Review of Going The Distance (No Excuses Series)



Title: Going The Distance

Series: No Excuses Series


Author: Mila Rossi


Date Published: September 9th 2016


Date Read:   October 20th, 2016


The Blurb:

Once you slap the hell out of the light heavyweight champion of the world on the night of his first loss, how do you convince him to give you an interview? That’s the dilemma Samantha Wellington finds herself in after turning down the most desirable yet foul-mouthed athlete she’s come across. Unfortunately for her, her job depends on getting his interview and this boxer’s not talking.


When Trent “The Punisher” Page is humiliated by the spunky reporter, then cornered for an interview, he does what he does best: he plays dirty. He didn’t earn his nickname for being nice, after all. If the little minx wants to know more about him, she’ll have to pay with the one thing she’s not willing to give - herself.

Her elements of surprise meet their match in his determination to succeed. With vastly different motivations, can they break down the enemy without jeopardizing themselves?
 


My Review


3.5 Getting Punished by The Punisher Stars



*May have Spoilers*



"Are you turning me down?" "Yes," she said seriously. "I have no interest in your bed." He stepped closer, almost touching her body. "I'm not called The Punisher for no reason." "Well, baby, then go find yourself someone else to punish," she said, staring into his eyes. "I can fuck any girl here," he said, staring at her lips. She was taken aback at the crude comment. "Then I suggest you better get to work."-Trent and Sam

Going the Distance was a pretty good read for me. I enjoyed Trent. He was sexy, totally arrogant, dominate, and had a very filthy mouth. Sam was cute. She was so sassy. I love me some sassy heroines. I liked that Sam came from a bad background but she didn't let that define her or hold her back! The problem I had with the book the reason this book was just a pretty good read for me and not a great read was because I didn't connect to Sam and Trent as a couple. 



"I've waited long enough," he said against her lips. "Tonight, you're mine. I'm gonna fuck you until you scream my goddamn name." The declaration should have alarmed her, but instead, she pressed her hips against him eagerly, wanting so badly what he promised. "We'll see if you live up to your name,"-Trent and Sam
Don't get me wrong the sexy time was there and it was hot. And I liked Sam and Trent as individual characters but I didn't feel their relationship. Or more like I didn't think they really had one. They had like 3 dates, some sexy time, lots of time apart then at the end they are together. I didn't even get an I love you from either! I just felt like I needed more. More relationship development, more time together so I could understand why they even chose each other. 


"I gave you a glimpse into the life you missed out on, Trent, but I don't know why I bothered. I was right the first time we met. You really are an asshole." He thought he'd been stunned before, but now her really didn't know what to say. She stared up at him with hardened eyes and he wondered how he could have been such an ass, "With each day and night we spent together, I got to know and like you more. You restored my faith in humanity again, but what the fuck do I know?"-Sam

All that being said it was still an enjoyable read. It was fast pace, had some hot sexy time, a yummy boxer, a sassy reporter, besties girl time, and some sweet dates. I just would have liked more and maybe an epilogue. I would read more from this author and this series!



No comments:

Post a Comment