Sunday, October 2, 2016

Want Me, Cowboy

Book Review of Want Me, Cowboy (78th Copper Mountain Rodeo Series)



Title: Want Me, Cowboy

Series: 78th Copper Mountain Rodeo Series


Author:  Sinclair Jayne


Date Published:  September 22nd 2016


Date Read:   October 02, 2016


The Blurb:

Cowboy Luke Wilder only wanted a beer at Grey’s Saloon. Instead he ends up in a fight with a brother he never knew and dumped by a fiery red headed bull breeder he only asked to dance. So much for keeping a low profile. But Luke Wilder is stubborn, and no woman’s ever said no to him twice, in business or pleasure. 

Tanner McTavish is more focused on breeding champion bucking bulls than in making out with cowboys, unless that cowboy’s Luke Wilder. She’s had a crush on him for years, and the Copper Mountain Rodeo could be her chance for a little romance except she needs Luke on her side for a new business opportunity. Flirting and kissing are off limits. Too bad Tanner’s never played by the rules… 

My Review


2 Drama Stars



** Major Spoilers**


Wow I'm just at a lost for words. Really. I'm not sure what to write in this review. Okay well let me start by saying that this book just wasn't for me. But I know a lot of readers that would love this book. It's all about personal taste and this just had some things that didn't work for me. I'll just say what didn't work for me and you can decide for yourself.


Want Me, Cowboy, is the 3rd book in the 78th Copper Mountain Rodeo series, but each book is written by different authors. I really wished they would have all been by one author or tied in better. They all felt a little disconnected. This book was rough for me right out the gate. For the first few chapters I struggled to get use to this author's writing style. The odd way the author phrased things really threw me off. Let me give a few examples

Judging from the way her mouth had gone all narrow, her unusual, pale green eyes sparked and had gone squinty, and her arms crossed across her chest like he was going to reach out and try to pluck one of her nipples for a snack, he'd done something to piss her off.-Luke
******************************************************************************
She recognized the stance, cocky and deceptively relaxed, and "I got the whole world in my hand and you are....?" Luke Wilder. All-around cowboy.-Tanner
***************************************************************************
Her pupils flared, and her breath caught and a faint pink color crept across her freckled cheeks. He moved the icepack so he could see better. She had a crazy amount of freckles. Almost like Mars dust had been sprinkled on her face.-Luke



Once I got use to her writing style I was drowning in drama. Now I like drama just as much as the next gal but damn. First Luke finds out that his mom has another son, he has a brother that he never met because she gave him up for adoption. He finds this out because while he is drinking a beer and minding his own business at a bar some blonde comes up behind him rubbing him up and down. When he turns around she realizes she was rubbing the wrong man. Talon the blonde doing the wrong rubbing is dating Colt, Luke's unknown brother. Who beats Luke up for touching his woman. Okay so then Talon Luke's long lost brother's girlfriend shows up at Luke's trailer and shows him a pic of a dead friend of hers. This dead friend had a baby with a cowboy she met at a rodeo a one night stand that she didn't know his name. This friend died and left her son Parker to Talon. Now Talon just having only see Luke at the bar when she mistaken him for her boyfriend Colt, decides that because he looks somewhat like Parker and because he is a cowboy that does rodeos that he could be Parker's daddy and wants a DNA test. Even though Luke tells her that he doesn't remember ever meeting the dead girl and that he never did rodeo in the area she said she met her baby daddy. Still Talon wants that DNA test cause really how many cowboys with dark hair could there be?





On top of all that "this child may be yours just because you are male, but I don't want nothing from you if he is your because your long lost brother Colt is going to marry me and adopt Parker" drama and other family drama with Luke there was tons of family drama with Tanner too. I hated Tanner's father and twin sister Tucker. Her dad was selfish and worthless and her sister worse. All through this book we are told that Tucker is the pretty sister that sleeps with everyone. I mean everyone! What completely ruined this book for me was Tucker slept with Luke. They had hooked up 5 years ago a few times then Tucker dumped him for another cowboy and he wanted more from her. So now I have a bad taste in my mouth because ewww. The hero slept with the heroines sister, thought himself in love with her. 


Now I may have been able to get over that, but then Luke keep it from Tanner. Of course he doesn't tell her. Who needs honesty! Totally overrated. Don't worry Tucker makes sure she knows by rubbing it in her face and coming on to Luke again. Because she has no problem with hurting her sister and sleeping with her sister's man. I mean after all she had him first 



Soooooo. Yup done. That was just too much for me to get over. I mean come on could you just see it at Thanksgiving? (What I picture in my head)

Tanner- "Did you just hit on my husband again Tucker?"
Tucker- "I had him first and he wanted more!"
Luke- "Well now I'm with your sister so.... Who wants more Turkey?"
Tucker-"I know let's all tell what we are thankful for. I'll go first. I'm thankful my sister found such a handsome cowboy, who is so good in bed. Trust me I would know."
Tanner- "Really Tucker! We all get it. You slept with Luke and have no problem hitting on him even though he is with me now."





No comments:

Post a Comment