Saturday, May 20, 2017

Craving Redemption

Book Review of Craving Redemption (The Aces Series)


Title: Craving Redemption

Series: The Aces Series


Author: Nicole Jacquelyn


Date Published: February 21st 2014


Date Read:   October 30, 2015


The Blurb:

Asa and Callie had nothing in common. He was an Ace, raised in the club and loyal to it above all else. She was a high school student with braces on her teeth and a narrow view of the world.


They should have never crossed paths.

But when Callie decides to defy her parents, and Asa goes on an errand for the club, their lives collide. He saves her, and she mesmerizes him.

They part believing they’ll never see each other again.
Neither could have predicted the chain of events they’d put in motion.

Now the two have to navigate the dark waters of a relationship built on tragedy and need without drowning in guilt for things outside their control.

How do you love someone when the worst decision of your life was the reason you met them?



My Review



4 Jailbait Stars


*Spoilers*



“Holy fuck, Romeo. You decide to play fuckin’ knight in shining armor, and the bitch you bring home is jailbait.”



“I know that, too. But whatever the fuck this is, it’s strong. She’s mine. She’s been mine since she crawled across the floor and grabbed a hold of me at that party. It just is.” -Asa

What do you get if you add pedobear, Chris Hansen, and the Maury show? Craving Redemption. Naw I'm just Kiddin'. Kinda.

“Let me finish. I want you like hell on fire—I see you bending over to put shit in cupboards and my dick gets so hard I can’t fuckin’ think straight. But, baby, I don’t wanna fuck you up worse than you’ve already been fucked. Shit is crazy for you right now, and you’re sixteen years old. Sixteen. I’ve known sixteen-year-olds that live with their man and they’re happy as hell with that life—but those girls came from shit lives that they were trying to get away from and they were more grown up than most middle-aged men. That’s not you. Less than two weeks ago you were fuckin’ grounded for staying out past your curfew. You had parents that loved you and coddled you.”-Asa

I didn't read any reviews before starting Craving Redemption. I loved the first book so much that I didn't even bother. So I didn't know what to expect, but it so wasn't a love story between and 16 year old and a 20 year old. As I was reading I kept thinking this should probably offend or upset me. Yes I should definitely be upset over a story about a 20 year old man dating a 16 year old girl with zits and braces, but I wasn't. As a matter of fact that damn song "Young Girl" by Gary Puckett kept playing over and over in my head the whole time I read the book. 

“I get that you’re scary, and you could probably snap me in half,” I told him seriously, “but she isn’t yours, she is mine. You gave up your rights. She wants you out of this room, and I don’t care how you feel about that. I also don’t care how I have to get you out of here—I may have to knee you in the balls and drag your crying ass into the hallway, but you will leave this room.”-Callie to Slider

I loved Asa. If I was 16 and he came knocking on my door I would have been all over his bearded biker ass. He was such a hero , stepping up saving Callie, protecting her, and providing for her. Asa was sexy as hell. I melted at how respectful he was to Callie's Grams. I loved Callie. She was so brave. I love that she felt so real. Her fear, her anger at the club, the way she clung to Asa, are ways I think anyone would act after living through what she had. I loved that she was sassy, sarcastic, and had the backbone to tell big scary bikers just want she thought. I could relate her and her choices. 

“I love you,” he murmured into my mouth. “Best thing I ever did—taking you outta that house. I’d change a lotta shit that came after if I could, but even if I did, we still woulda ended up right here where we are now.” He kissed me hard as he laid me down on the bed. “You’re so beautiful,” he whispered as he softly rubbed his thumb back and forth below my belly button. “What’d I do to deserve you?” “You saved me,” I whispered back.-Asa and Callie

N E Ways I really enjoyed getting to see how they met and fell in love. I thought Callie and Asa were sexy as hell together. Their relationship for the most part was very sweet,and a little taboo. I adored Gram , and I really liked Cody. I have to say I really don't care for the President of the MC, Slider. I would love to punch him in the balls. Although I loved the walk down memory lane of Callie and Asa's love I was shocked that almost the whole book is said walk and not in the present. I felt the ending was super rushed. I felt cheated that I didn't get to see more of their present day story. Still a very good story just disappointed with the ending which is why I gave it a 4 star instead of a 5. Below I leave a few of my favorite quotes.

“Westerns?” “Really? That’s all you got?” “Are you sixty-five?” “Shut the fuck up.” “Do we need to get one of those denture containers for you to put your teeth in at night?” “Callie…”“I think we need to go a few aisles back for something like that…wait, do we need to call AARP and make sure they’ve got your change of address?”-Callie and Asa


“I don’t think you’re hearing what I’m saying to you. You’re the only one who calls me by the name my mother gave me, Callie. The only one. You say it when you’re frustrated, and when you think something’s funny, and when you’re coming all over my hands.” My breath caught at the fire in his eyes, and as he shifted against me, my heart started to race. “You can be pissed as hell at me, call me a dick or an asshole. You can scream at me, throw shit, and stomp around the house.” He nuzzled my neck as he spoke, and my hands lifted involuntarily to his hair to anchor him to me. “But if I hear you call me Grease again, I’m going to spank your ass,”-Asa


“Tell me how much you love me.” “More than my bike, less than my dick,” -Callie and Asa



No comments:

Post a Comment