Sunday, March 13, 2016

Always For You

Book Review of Always For You (Always Love Series)



Title: Always For You

Series: Always Love Series

Author: Tawdra Kandle

Date Published: November 24th 2015 

Date Read:    March 12, 2016

The Blurb:Maureen Evans has had a crush on Smith Harrington since they were in college together. She always knew he didn’t see her as anything more than his best friend—just one of the guys—but that didn’t stop her from weaving sexy fantasies about him. 


Now, after years of maintaining a long-distance friendship, Smith’s moving to Burton, Georgia, Maureen’s hometown, to become her partner at the veterinary clinic. After all this time, she should be able to handle working with him without getting hot and bothered. 

Or maybe not. 

The more determined Maureen is to maintain their just-friends bond, the more Smith seems intent on testing those boundaries. And when flirting crosses the line into something more, it ends in a night neither of them can forget. 

When friendship is no longer enough, there’s always love.

My Review




2.5 Snail's pace Stars



*There will be Spoilers*


Okay so this is the second book by Tawdra Kandle that I have read. There where things about it I liked and some that I didn't. I had a really hard time rating this book. While I really liked Mrs. Kandle's writing style, almost all of the characters, the town the book is set in, the plot concept, I didn't like the heroine Maureen. I didn't hate her or anything. I just found her weak, cowardly, insecure, and super immature. I felt bad for her really, but I didn't connect to her at all. The things she did in the book drove me crazy. The fact that in college after being in love with Smith for years, she goes to tell him her feelings at a party where she knew he went with a date, and when she sees some girl kiss him she runs off and gives away her virginity to a man she didn't even know the name of is just one of the things she did that had me cringing. I mean come on. Then years later as a 30 year old woman she dates a man she feels nothing for, just uses poor Tim because she thinks Smith just wants to be friends. I loved the hero Smith. Although I didn't really understand him waiting to tell her how he felt. I get everyone was telling him to let her date poor stupid Tim and woo her but really it was stupid advice if you ask me. I felt he should have just been honest. All the relationship angst was uncalled for. If they would have just pulled their heads out of their butts and been truthful. Smith's wooing was weak at best and if I was Maureen I would have been confused too. He wasn't clear at all so it wasn't all her fault. That being said honestly I didn't really feel like I was reading a romance. They didn't really have anything going at all until almost the end. My kindle read 82% when Smith finally told Maureen that he loved her and kissed her. After all that snail's pace slow build up they make love and then she is back to doubting and I am staring at my kindle going are you kidding me? Then they have a heart to heart where he tells her he real does love her didn't feel sorry for her and all is well the end at 94%. That's it all that super long waiting and barely a glimpse of a HEA. I felt cheated. I was left shaking my head. I didn't feel any of their relationship if that is what you call what they had. So there is my problem. I liked all the others, Smith, and everything that happened in the book but their relationship parts which wasn't really much anyways. I couldn't decide if I should give it a 2 or 3 star. I went with 2.5 stars and I rounded up, because I really did like the writing style and the way everyone talked and felt down to earth and real. I really kinda want to know more about the others. I think maybe just Maureen wasn't my kind of girl. I plan on giving this author another chance and reading one of the other couples story. Meghan and Sam maybe? 





No comments:

Post a Comment