Saturday, March 26, 2016

Thrown Down

Book Review of Thrown Down (Made in Jersey Series)


Title: Thrown Down

Series: Made In Jersey Series

Author: Tessa Bailey

Date Published:  April 4th 2016

Date Read:    March 25, 2016


The Blurb:

He has one last chance to deserve the girl of his dreams...

Overachiever River Purcell was never supposed to be a struggling single mom, working double shifts just to make ends meet. Nor was she supposed to be abandoned by her high school sweetheart, breaking her heart into a thousand jagged pieces. Now Vaughn De Matteo is back in town, his sights set onher...and River is in danger of drowning a second time.

No one believed Hook's resident bad boy was good enough for River. Not even Vaughn himself. But he'll fight like hell to win back the woman he never stopped loving, to keep the daughter he never expected, and convince himself he's worth their love in the process--even if he has to rely on their fierce and undeniable sexual chemistry.

But even as River's body arches under his hungered touch, the demons of the past lurk in the shadows. Waiting for Vaughn to repeat his mistakes one last time...
 

My Review



4 All you need is love Stars


Some Spoilers

Thrown Down is the 2nd book in the Made in Jersey Series by Tessa Bailey. I didn't read the first book and I had no problem following so this book can be read as a stand alone. I really liked this book. It was a super sweet second chance romance. I loved both River and Vaughn. I thought Vaughn was a sweet, sexy reformed bad boy. River was loyal, smart, and loving. I loved them together and really enjoyed their love story. I was over the moon that when they were broken up neither dated or touched another. They were faithful to their love for each other. I liked all the side characters. Well not all the side characters I hated her dad he was a jerk. I loved their daughter, Marcy. I am a sucker for babies and children in books. I would have loved to seen a little more of Marcy in this book. A little more interaction between Marcy and Vaughn. The only thing I didn't care for with this book was the dialogue seemed awkward at times. They would talk and it didn't feel natural. The dirty talk was weird and cheesy at times and at other times instead of being sexy it gave me icky mental pictures I could have lived my life happily without having. I was able to over look that though and still really enjoyed this book, just not so much the love scenes. I love Tessa Bailey's books and will for sure read more in this series. 




No comments:

Post a Comment