Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Worth the Fall

Book Review of Worth The Fall (The McKinney Brothers Series)


Title: Worth The Fall

Series: The McKinney Brothers Series

Author: Claudia Connor

Date Published:   September 9th 2014

Date Read:    April 2, 2016

The Blurb:hey meet on a beach. . . . Abby Davis isn’t wearing a skimpy bikini or sipping umbrella drinks, not when she’s busy chasing around four little ones. And Matt McKinney isn’t looking for fun—he’s a Navy SEAL, a grown man with a long list of missions . . . and fallen brothers.

 
They only have a week. . . . Abby has brought her children to this beach to start over, to give them the enjoyable memories they deserve. Matt’s been sidelined by a combat injury, and haunted by the best friend he lost and the promise he made: to remain a SEAL—focused and dedicated. This leaves no time for what he’s always wanted: a family.
 
But a week is all it takes. . . . Matt opens her heart while Abby soothes his soul. And though they plan to say good-bye when the week is over, something magical happens on that beach, something neither can forget. Something utterly, completely worth falling for.

My Review



5 Mount McKinney Stars



Spoilers

"I don't know what you want," she said, her voice barely a whisper. "Time," he said softly. "Just time. I don't have a good reason, but I have three days left and I want to spend them with you."-Abby and Matt 

Holy shit I loved this book!!!!!!! This book was the holy Grail find OMG. So damn good. This is my first Claudia Connor book and I'm sold. This book had it all and more. My emotions are all over the place right now. Worth The Fall made me cry, laugh, and want to lick my kindle just so I could get a taste of super sexy Matt.

"Do I really scare you that much?" He cupped the side of her face in his hand. "Because I gotta tell you, you scare the hell out of me."-Matt 

What this book is about

Matt McKinney, on medical leave from the Navy, goes to the beach with his cousin Rob. There he meets Abby. A beautiful 6 month pregnant widow with her four children. When he is with Abby he feels peace and like that is where he is meant to be. Her and her four adorable children get so deep under his skin he wants them for his own, but he is still a Navy Seal and they live in different states. Matt can tell Abby is scared and ready to run. She has been hurt before. But Matt just can't get Abby and her kids out of his mind or his heart. Now he just has to find a way to make them his. 

"You know, I haven't heard them laugh so much since....probably ever. It was good for them. You were good."-Abby 

*********************************************************************************************
"What? People leave. It's fine. I'm fine. I tell Angie that all the time." She shook her head. "She never listens."-Abby 

Matt was the epitome of a hero. God in heaven that man was melt my panites sexy. Hello Sexy Navy Seal willing to be a father to five small children that are not his.... P-e-r-f-e-c-t. Kicking ass, saving the world, loving his woman, and reading bed time stories Damn Matt was lickable. Seriously yummy! Matt felt torn between a promise to his fallen best friend to not quit the Navy but it gutted him to be away from Abby and the kids. Matt had honor and tried to always keep his word. But he didn't want to hurt Abby and the kids by leaving all the time and missing out on their life. The way Matt was with the kids was so touching. He had a special bond with each child personally and you could feel the love he had for them through the pages. He was so tender and loving towards Abby breaking down her every wall. I loved Matt so much. He was so protective, charming, and loving. He has now been added to my book boyfriend list! 

The entire scene amazed him. Awed him. Lying with a woman-not inside her, but beside her- and feeling so close to her, it was as if their hearts beat together.-Matt 


"I don't want to hurt you, baby, I swear, but please don't ask me to let you go. Give us a chance. Give me a chance."-Matt 
Abby has been heartbroken and abandoned her whole life. When she was a very small child her dad died and the next year her mother killed herself and Abby found her body. From there Abby was shipped from one foster home to the next never knowing love or feeling like she was enough. Straight out of college Abby met and married her now dead husband. But their marriage was anything but happy. He was never there for Abby always out on business trips he was never even home to take Abby to the hospital or bring her home after she had their children she would have to take cabs. So Abby doesn't let anyone in but her children. She knows everyone always leave her in the end. Abby truly had a heartbreaking past. She fell for Matt even though she tried hard not to. She never really pushed him away she just tried not to get attached, but how could she not when he was so wonderful with her and loved her children. Abby was vulnerable but still strong. She was very independent but she had so much love to give. She put her heart out there and gave it everything even though she was so scared to be hurt again. 

"I can't breathe when you look at me like that." "Like what?" He traced her cheek with his thumb. "Like I love you? Because I do. More than I ever thought possible."-Abby and Matt 

*********************************************************************************************
"I do push. I push people away, before they-" She broke off, and a single tear escaped and ran into her hair. "I don't want to push you away."-Abby 

Matt and Abby's love story was the very definition of romance. It was beautiful, passionate, and giving. I felt their love like it was a real tangible thing. Their story sucked me in and stole my heart. I was so moved by this book I teared up and I cried numerous times. Some sad tears some happy. The parts with the children were super cute and heartwarming. I felt such a instant connection to this book to all these characters. I fell in love with Matt, Abby, Jack, Gracie, Annie, and Charlie. I just loved this book. Best read of the year so far. I will be reading more books by this author that is for sure. I would recommend it to anyone who loves romance. Try this book for real it was awesome. It's only .99¢ on Amazon right now!

"Stop thinking about what could happen and hear me. I love you, and nothing and no one could keep me from you."-Matt 



No comments:

Post a Comment