Thursday, April 21, 2016

Cowboy Payback (A Sequel to Cowboy-Fiancé)

Book Review of Cowboy Payback (A Sequel To Cowboy-Fiance)


Title: Cowboy Payback

Series: A Sequel to Cowboy-Fiancé

Author: Donna Michaels

Date Published:September 9th 2015

Date Read:    April 19, 2016

The Blurb:

Former Marine Captain Brett Brennan loves a good practical joke—when he’s the prankster not the prankee. Unfortunately, his twin brother has learned a lesson or two from the master and springs Operation Payback on him, thrusting Brett into a fake engagement to his former corporal, Trisha Jennings, in front of her matchmaking, District Attorney father. 


Relationships are so not his thing, but realizing Trisha is struggling to come to terms with a horrific incident from their recent deployment, Brett takes matters into his own hands, using their fake relationship to keep her on his family’s resort ranch, the perfect place for her to find peace and heal. After all, he would never let one of his own men down. 

Except, Trisha is no longer a corporal under his command. Out of uniform, she is all woman, and his unexpected attraction to her soon has him forgetting their prank relationship is only for show. Who knew payback could be so sweet?

My Review



4 Captain, Cowboy, Sir Stars


May have mild spoilers

"Every time you call me sir, I get to kiss you." Oh no. Heck, no. That wasn't good. Especially since a thrill raced down her overheated body while her mind was already repeating sir in her head. Yes, sir. No, sir. Please may I have another, sir? His grin increased. "You're saying it in your head, aren't you?"-Brett and Trisha 

Cowboy Payback is the Sequel to Cowboy Fiance by Donna Michaels. It works fine as a stand alone as I didn't read Cowboy Fiance and I had no problem following the book. This is my first time reading Donna Michaels and I really enjoyed it. The plot was cute. I loved Brett. He was sexy, loyal, and he could be really sweet. He was an ex Marine and a cowboy so double yum! I loved that he didn't boss Trisha around. He respected her and treated her like his equal while still be all that is Alpha male! I loved Trisha too. She was strong and smart. An ex Marine too she could take care of herself. Trisha and Brett's relationship was built up nicely with a lot of sexual tension and chemistry. Their relationship was low drama as they were open, honest and respectful of each other. This book touches on PTSD and it's effects on our veterans. Over all this book was a sweet, lighter read that just made me happy. I liked the couple from the first book Cam and Brett's brother so much I may go and read their book too. I will be reading more books from this author. 

"No, Brett, talking is the last thing we need to do." and the last thing she wanted to do. "I don't want to talk about our deployment." Or all the crap in her head, eating at her, festering inside for months now. "I want a break from the darkness. You make me feel good. I just want to feel good."-Trisha 












No comments:

Post a Comment