Monday, September 11, 2017

Deceiving Lies

Book Review of Deceiving Lies (Forgiving Lies Series)



Title: Deceiving Lies


Series: Forgiving Lies Series


Author: Molly McAdams


Date Published:  March 4th 2014


Date Read:  August 18, 2015  


The Blurb:


Rachel is supposed to be planning her wedding to Kash, the love of her life. After the crazy year they've had, she's ready to settle down and live a completely normal life. Well, as normal as it can be. But there's something else waiting—something threatening to tear them apart.


Kash is ready for it all with Rach. Especially if all includes having a football team of babies with his future wife. With his line of work, he knows how short life can be, and doesn't want to waste another minute of theirs. But now his past as an undercover narcotics agent has come back to haunt him ... and it's the girl he loves who's caught in the middle.

Trent Cruz's orders are clear: take the girl. But there's something about this girl that has him changing the rules and playing a dangerous game to keep her safe. When his time as Rachel's protector runs out, he will turn his back on the only life he's known, and risk everything, if it means getting her out alive.
 


My Review




4.5 Logan Kash Ryan, you’re still my hero Stars 





*Spoilers Below I don't think I can 

write a review on this book without 

them but I will try not to give too many 

away*

“I want to take care of you, I want to protect you, I want to love you, and I want to fight with you for the rest of my life.”


I going to start this review by saying that I was a little worried about reading this book. After reading some of the other reviews and the cliffhanger from book one I knew this book would have me all over the place. I was worried I would be mad at Rachel over bonding with Trent and I read in a few reviews that she kisses Trent. I don't do cheating in books it drives me crazy and I don't really get into love triangles, so after reading some reviews I was thinking this was going to be a bad one for me , but It wasn't. 

“No. What I need is my girl back. I told you before, I’d do anything to get her back.”


“You are what makes me happy. I can’t live a life that you’re not in, Kash. I’ve already tried it once before, it didn’t work.”

I really loved this book. I am kinda shocked at how much I really liked it. This book has some darker aspects. Rachel is kidnapped and held hostage for a little over a month by a gang that Kash and Mason busted over a year ago. But it is no where close to as dark as I thought it would be. That is because Trent, the one who took her, protects her from other members of the gang. Rachel is terrified and doesn't know why she has been kidnapped. She is confused by the man that took her because he seems to be protecting her and is being nice to her. Here is where I thought I would start getting mad, but it was written so well I could totally understand Rachel's feelings. She didn't love Trent she just felt a friendship for him and appreciation for him keeping her safe. Yes there are two kisses between them but the first one he kissed her and she was just shocked but didn't kiss back. The second one she thought they were going to die and it was more of a goodbye kiss to me; although, I really wish there hadn't been any kisses it didn't bother me to bad. I actually liked Trent a lot. I hope he gets his own book. He is a really good guy that is in a situation he couldn't get out of and I really felt for him. 

“I hate that after finally knowing you’re safe from those men, you’re going to be leaving me. But I’ve only ever viewed you as a friend, and protector. I’m sorry.” “I know. I knew even when I kissed you that your heart belonged to him. I’ve never loved anyone until I met you, Rachel, and I don’t think I’ll ever get over you.”


“There are still times when I stop dead in my tracks when I see you, and wonder how you’re mine. You’re beautiful, and your fire for life, and strength after everything you’ve been through, amazes me. So if anyone leaves the other speechless, it’s you.”

As much as I loved Rachel and I really do love her and as much as I liked trent, Kash was the star of the book for me. OMG do I love that man!! My heart broke for him. He was tortured over the fact that Rachel has been taken. He was losing his mind over the pain of what he thought was happening to her. Kash felt like he failed to protect her and that it was all his fault. Kash was so damn sexy in this book the way he goes all dark and rogue . Kash will do whatever it takes to bring his woman home and him going all bad boy had me hott! 

“So you see”—I said darkly and leaned close—“you played this game with me, took what’s mine, and tried to ruin my life. I can’t be positive, but I’m pretty sure I just won. And now I’ve started my own game . . . now I’ve taken what’s yours. Only difference between your game and mine is, you’ll never get yours back.”

When he does get her back it is a long slow road to healing, but a sweet and loving road. I love Kash and Rachel as a couple. I am glad for the outcome that Trent gets too. The epilogue in this book and their HEA was so damn good I was squealing, swooning and doing a silly clap happy dance. 

“There’s my fiery girl. You’re such a cute little monster when you wake up.” “I will cut you.” “I said cute.” “I hate you.”



This book is suspenseful, dark, and full of emotion . I will for sure read more books from Molly McAdams. I hope She writes a book for Mason and Trent! Below I leave my favorite moment from this book:

He dropped to his knees on the floor and pressed his head against my stomach, his hands gripping my back as he cried into my lap. “I’ve come too close to losing you too many times,” he forced out. “I will do anything to keep you by my side for the rest of my life.” Looking up at me, I felt helpless staring back at his broken expression. “Knowing that you even had to consider me moving on with someone else because you might die, kills me. I hate that you went through that, and I hate that you prepared yourself for that.” “Okay, but I’m—” My voice gave out and I had to clear my throat. “I’m here, we’re together.” “I’m not letting you go, Rachel, for anything. It’s you and me. Always, got it?”





No comments:

Post a Comment