Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Forgiving Lies

Book Review of Forgiving Lies (Forgiving Lies Series)



Title: Forgiving Lies


Series: Forgiving Lies Series


Author: Molly McAdams


Date Published: October 29th 2013


Date Read:  August 17, 2015  


The Blurb:

A matter of secrets...

Undercover cop Logan "Kash" Ryan can't afford a distraction like his new neighbor Rachel Masters, even if she's the most beautiful woman he's ever seen. To catch a serial killer, he needs to stay focused, yet all he can think about is the feisty, long-legged coed whose guarded nature intrigues him

A matter of lies...
Deceived and hurt before, Rachel would rather be a single, crazy cat lady than trust another guy, especially a gorgeous, tattooed bad boy with a Harley, like Kash. But when his liquid-steel eyes meet hers, it takes all of Rachel's will-power to stop herself from exploring his hot body with her own.

A matter of love...
As much as they try to keep it platonic, the friction between them sparks an irresistible heat that soon consumes them. Can Kash keep Rachel's heart and her life safe even as he risks his own? Will she be able to forgive his lies ... or will she run when she discovers the dangerous truth?


My Review




       4 Pancakes and green Sour Patch Kids Stars


*Spoilers*




“You’re like Sour Patch Kids candy.”  “What the hell?”   “Sour . . . then sweet.”

* Warning the heroine is raped in this book and there are some details* 

Forgiving Lies is my first Molly McAdams book and It was awesome. I really like her writing style and the book flowed nicely. I was never bored and this story wrung every emotion possible out of me. I was all over the place emotionally. One minute I was laughing, then I was shouting "AH HELL TO THE NO!!", swooning, and then tearing up. 

“I’m done playing this game, Kash. I’m done hiding.”

What this book is about

Undercover cop Logan (Kash) Ryan knew when he met his beautiful neighbor Rachel Masters that she was hiding something. He knew that no matter how much he liked her he couldn't tell her who he really is. He also knew he wanted to tear down all the walls around her heart that kept him out. He wanted to know all her secrets. What Kash didn't know is how much he would fall in love with her. When Rachel finds out all the things Kash is hiding from her will he lose her forever?

Kash:

“You need to know that you’re special to me. I meant every single word I sang to you tonight and I will never regret that kiss.”



OMG I love Kash. He is so sweet, protective, playful, and very loving. He is a total sexy (undercover) bad boy with a good heart. He always seems to know what Rachel needs and is very supportive. He earned her trust and got her to open up to him. I love how he plays with her all the time like a big child. He takes things slowly going at her pace and makes her feel safe. Kash is all kinds of yummy. 

“Then tell me! Don’t throw your shield at me. I told you, no shields with us, if something is wrong, I want you to tell me. I can’t help you through whatever is going on if you shut me out.”

“Tell me what’s going on with us, what you’re wanting, because I—Rachel, if we do this . . . I’m all in. I want all of you . . . need all of you. I won’t do what Candice and Mason are doing. If that’s what you want, I’m sorry, but I can’t give that to you.”


Rachel:

“You’re such a child, Kash!” Flipping on the light, I blinked against the brightness before focusing on the mirror. A loud gasp filled the small room. “Logan Kash Hendricks! What did you do?”

I also love Rachel. I felt she was very strong. She didn't have no one til Kash(because her best friend isn't there for her), and she has had some really bad things happen to her, but she didn't let it turn her bitter. She has a smart mouth, but she is still generally nice and respectful. She has a very playful, goofy sense of humor. The things that came out of her mouth had me laughin so hard because I, myself, am always threatening to cut or end someone. The only thing I wish Rachel would have done different in this book would be to stand up to her bff Candice and tell her to kiss ass! 

“I am going to gut you, you freakin’ asshole! Seven in the damn morning, what the hell is wrong with you?! Put me down—ugh! Easy, this shit hurts. You have really bony shoulders, has anyone ever told you that?” She gasped when I turned the shower water on. “Put me down right now, Logan Hendricks, or I swear to all that is holy you will regret the day you moved in across from me and almost took my Jeep door off!” “No can do, my little Sour Patch.” Thank God I was still only in my workout shorts. Kicking off my running shoes, I stepped into the large tub and winced when she shrieked. “You evil bastard, let me go!” “You sure have a mouth on you when you wake up.” “I will murder you!”


“I told you that first night we were together that you made me feel like I was in love and terrified at the same time. And that’s still true. I’m terrified at the depth of my feelings for you. I’m terrified of how easily you can hurt me. And I’m terrified of living the rest of my life without you. I physically moved on with my life, but a part of me died each day I was away from you.”



I really enjoyed the depth of their relationship. You get to read their journey from friends to lovers. It made them feel more real to me and had me invested. They are a very cute and fun couple with a ton of sexy chemistry. This book would have been a 5 star read for me, but for Rachel's bff Candice! GOD I hated the hell outta her. She didn't believe her best friend she wasn't supportive or even nice. She was the Worst Friend I have ever read about!!!! Oh at the end she is sorry well it wasn't enough to redeem herself in my eyes. I wanted to slap the shit outta her so many times. Mason I loved. I really hope he gets his own book. Blake was creepy as hell. This book was fast pace and full of suspense. Great read but the epilogue/ cliffhanger was OMG. 

Below I will leave my favorite moment from this book:

“Why can’t you just admit you’re attracted to me, Rachel?” I asked into her ear as I pressed my body against hers. She swallowed audibly and shook her head as if to clear her mind before speaking. “Because I’m not? I’m not attracted to guys who look like they’re Photoshopped and who have bigger chests than most girls I know.” I couldn’t help it. I laughed loudly and had to pull back slightly when the movement and being pressed up against her made my jeans shrink a size. “Liar.” Even if her voice hadn’t gone all breathy, I still hadn’t forgotten her blush. “And I really hate your tattoos.” “No you don’t.” “And your lip ring and your eyes. And your hair, it drives me nuts. You really need to cut it. Or better yet, one morning you’ll wake up and I will have shaved it off while you slept.”



No comments:

Post a Comment