Monday, May 28, 2018

Beyond Control Texas Trilogy

Book Review Beyond Control (Texas Trilogy )




Title:Beyond Control


Series: Texas Trilogy


Author: Kat Martin


Date Published:   May 29th 2018


Date Read:    May 24, 2018 


The Blurb:


When Victoria Langford got engaged, she told herself to give love a chance. Six months later, she's on the run from her angry, abusive ex-fiancé with her four-year-old daughter and nowhere to go.

Seventy miles north of Dallas, the Iron River Ranch is pretty much nowhere. That’s what its new owner, Josh Cain, wanted when he came back from Afghanistan. Big skies, quiet nights, no trouble.

One look tells Josh the pretty redhead with the adorable little girl will give him trouble of the most personal kind. But he’s seen trouble before, and he doesn't scare easy. Not when “accidents” start happening around the ranch. Not when Tory’s best friend back in Phoenix is abducted and brutalized. Not even when it looks like their current problems are only the tip of the iceberg.

But if he gets too close to fierce, determined Tory, Josh knows his nights are going to be anything but quiet. And that’s one possibility no amount of training can prepare him for . .


My Review




                        5 Safe Haven Stars



I love me some Kat Martin books. My first taste of her work was when I got her books in the BOSS INC series. I loved all 3 of them. So when I seen this one on netgalley I knew I wanted to read it. I am so glad I got to read this book. Beyond Control was so good. I loved every single minute of it. Josh was amazing. He was protective, sweet and sexy! A former sniper in the Marines Josh was a total badass. Plus I have a weakness for men in uniforms! I could just picture him in his dress blues and fatigues .......yum!



Sorry I think I drooled a little. Anyways Tory was great too. I love how smart and brave she was. She didn't take stupid risk, or run blindly into danger. She did what she had to, to protect her daughter, herself and the man she loved. Josh and Tory had major chemistry. The sexual tension was just rolling off the pages. The plot was very good. I like the domestic abuse trope, because it does happen in real life. I love anything that brings light to the problem of domestic abuse. Plus I love when the domestic abuse trope has a strong heroine to show that women do have power and can fight back. I love that Tory was able to lean on Josh for protections and still be strong in her own right. This book had a ton of action, but it had sweet down times too, where it built up Tory and Josh's relationship. Tory's ex Damon (the bad guy abuser) was super evil and gave me the creeps. Overall this book kept me on the edge of my seat, gave me all the feels and made me want to go back and read the first two books in this series. I loved it!






No comments:

Post a Comment