Thursday, August 30, 2018

Dagger's Edge

Book Review Dagger's Edge (Brute Force Series)



Title:Dagger's Edge


Series: Brute Force Series


Author: Lora Leigh


Date Published:August 28th 2018 


Date Read: August 30, 2018


The Blurb:

Ivan Resnova wants nothing more than to escape his hard, brutal past. Starting over is not so easy once you've been a powerful crime boss but now, instead of being punished for his alleged crimes, Ivan fears that the one woman he can't forget is in danger of paying the price.

Crimsyn "Syn" Delaney thought the danger she'd faced was over, and that she could resume her life. She never imagined it would return with a vengeance and throw her back into Ivan's world. But when an attempt is made on her life, she needs Ivan more than ever to keep her safe--even if she is in danger of falling deeply and dangerously in love. . .
 

My Review




                   1 I just can't do it Stars




Sorry but I'm tappin' out at 20%. I don't think I have ever DNFed a Netgalley book, but I honestly can't take anymore of this. I wanted to quit as soon as I got 3 pages into the prologue because I had no clue what was going on. I held out and read 3 more chapters. When I got to chapter 4 and I was still bored, and uninterested I knew it was time to give it up.



The fact of the matter is this book confused and bored me to death. The whole prologue I was thinking what the hell is going on. Who are these people, and why should I care? The start was like being thrown into a wreck. Chaos everywhere. Then chapter one started and I was still trying to figure out what was going on. It was so frustrating. I had no back story for the main characters. No connection to them. It was a hot mess. 



Then when I finally did get my bearings of who these people were, I didn't care because there was no depth to them. No back story, nothing to connect me to them. I seen some names from another series by Lora Leigh that I read a few years back. The Elite ops series, but that just confused me again. How the hell do they tie into this series. The plot had no depth either. Ivan and Syn jump into bed in chapter 1. I felt no chemistry between them at all. Therefore the sex felt like flat words. Still I forced myself to keep going. I never got into it. I was bored and didn't care what happened to the main couple. On top of that I don't feel this book can be a stand alone read. It was evident that I was missing things that were either touched on in book one or maybe even The Elite Ops series. Either way it felt like I was punishing myself by reading this book. So I quit. Sorry there are Lora Leigh books that I own and love but this one isn't gonna work for me. Maybe if I didn't spend so much time confused, I would have connected but either way I'm out. DNF @20% chapter 4!





No comments:

Post a Comment