Saturday, January 5, 2019

Chasing Fire

Book Review of Chasing Fire (Colorado High Country Series)




Title:Chasing Fire 


Series: Colorado High Country/I-Team Series


Author: Pamela Clare


Date Published:  December 15th 2018


Date Read: January 1, 2019


The Blurb:


For fans of Pamela Clare’s acclaimed I-Team and Colorado High Country series…

An I-Team/Colorado High Country Crossover Novel

Fire chief Eric Hawke knows it’s only a matter of time until the next big wildfire. He’s done everything he can to prepare his crews for the inevitable. When high winds turn a small blaze into a raging crown fire that threatens Scarlet Springs, he, Brandon Silver, and the rest of Scarlet FD put their lives on the line to save the town and its citizens. But the one thing Hawke hadn’t planned for was bureaucratic red tape and waffling from higher-ups that could turn this crisis into a catastrophe. When his requests for support go unheeded, he’s faced with the prospect of watching the town he loves burn to ashes.

But sometimes help comes from unexpected places.

Marc Hunter, Julian Darcangelo, and Zach McBride are in the mountains above Scarlet Springs for an interagency training exercise when they see a single wisp of smoke to the west. What begins as a fun day of playing cops and bad guys soon becomes a battle against time, as they join forces with Hawke and members of the Rocky Mountain Search & Rescue Team to save friends trapped by the fire.

Together, they pit their strength and courage against a terrifying and unforgiving force of nature. Will it be enough? Or will the ravenous flames claim lives—and leave the people of Scarlet Springs forever scarred?

My Review




5 The gangs all here Stars




Well I started the New Year off with a bang from two of my favorite Colorado gangs. Hey look that rhymed lol. Anyways this book was pure genius. I love both the I-Team series and Colorado High Country series. So taking current events like the wild fires and two of my favorite series and putting them together in one action packed, heart melting book was like giving all the fan-girls and guys a bookgasm. Seeing all my favorite past characters as they fight to save lives and the town of Scarlet Springs had my heart racing almost the whole book. I don't know if you have read my review on Dead By Midnight An I-Team Christmas, but after I read that book the I-Team wasn't the only one to suffer from PTSD. I swear thinking my Marc was shot had me losing my shit! So when Marc and other beloved heroes almost lost their lives in this book I had some really ugly fan girl freak outs. 



After scaring the crap out of my husband and kids by yelling every 20 mins or so " OMG Noooooo Please NO NO NONOONONONOOOOOOOOO." I had to go into my bedroom with the door closed and read so as not to disturb my family. To say this book was action packed is an understatement. It was pulse pounding, edge of your seat. I loved every freaking minute of it. Of course Marc, Julian, Nate, Gabe, Jesse, Eric, Vicki, and Sophie were the shining stars of the book for me. Marc Hunter being my all time favorite Pamela Clare hero. He is just panty melting delicious. Any book with Marc in it will be a hit for me. Truly though this book had a great plot. After watching and praying as wildfires devastated California it was moving to read a story related to it with a shining light on the everyday heroes that put their lives on the line in these situations. I don't know about anyone else but it gave me a look into how hard their jobs are. I mean I know they are hard but getting a deeper look into all they do to protect us, all their families go through worrying that they may lose their loved ones, it humbles me. And even though this book is a work of fiction, you can tell Pamela Clare did her research. This book really was a fangirl dream and if you liked the I-Team or Colorado High Country series then this book is a must. And if you haven't read them and you are looks for some great Contemporary/Romantic Suspense books give them a try. 





No comments:

Post a Comment